Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN article on Henry

Did some of the comments in this article rub anybody else the wrong way? Or am I just too defensive??

Quote Originally Posted by MUBasketball View Post
    Did some of the comments in this article rub anybody else the wrong way? Or am I just too defensive??
    Too defensive. MU is not a sexy brand name right at this point in time. Couple bad years and Wojo is obviously rebuilding. Just what it is.

Little old Catholic school that can't compete with football money lands stud recruit because of his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by MUfan12 View Post
    Little old Catholic school that can't compete with football money lands stud recruit because of his brother.
    Exactly.

"The Big East is a viable, basketball-first alternative for small, Catholic schools such as Marquette". Viable alternative? Currently #3 in conference RPI, 3 Top 10 teams. She makes it sound like it's no better than the Patriot League.

It's definitely reaching a bit, as that felt like ESPN/O'Neil begrudgingly writing about a star that happened to play for a Big East school.
    #BringShakaHome

Exactly.

"The Big East is a viable, basketball-first alternative for small, Catholic schools such as Marquette". Viable alternative? Currently #3 in conference RPI, 3 Top 10 teams. She makes it sound like it's no better than the Patriot League.
    The Big East does need to earn its spurs in post-season play. That has not happened yet. Suspect some here are overly sensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nukem2 View Post
    The Big East does need to earn its spurs in post-season play. That has not happened yet. Suspect some here are overly sensitive.
    Begrudgingly I agree with you. The season starts in November, but all anybody cares about is what happens in March.

"Why did Ellenson go to Marquette? Oh right, because of his brother. That makes sense now." <---------- entire point of that article.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast