Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bo Ryan retiring end of semester

Bo Ryan retiring end of semester

Live conference on BTN right now

Wow... Very Dick Bennett-esque... Have a feeling UW is going to struggle now. That's a pretty big blow
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

According to a Wisconsin release, associate head coach Greg Gard will assume the title of interim head coach, effective immediately.

Damn, would have been nice to have his last game be last Saturday.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

He needed to go out with a win.

Timing makes perfect sense.

mAqRRKtmFqkI3DTIEFO17iA.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pbiflyer; 12-15-2015 at 11:02 PM.
    "I'll say it again...Dwyane Wade is the 3rd best SG of all-time...right behind Jordan and Bryant." - Mark Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by MUWarrior87 View Post
    He needed to go out with a win.
    Heck of a Coach and hope he can enjoy retirement.

That MU victory may have thrown a wrench in things. Could have retired after that and all of the UW faithful would have loved that. Corpus Christi?

Clearly, Bo did an incredible job at UW, but this timing is not the best.

As Bo tries to figure out the wife and girlfriend thing, I think he may have screwed things up for his boy Gard.

He walks away so his guy gets the interim job and gets a chance to show his stuff. Unfortunately, even if Gard does a good job, there is a good chance after starting 7-5, and with the Big 10 schedule that UW has, that UW may miss the tourney for the first time in a long time.

So, knowing Barry doesn't really want Gard, did Bo screw Gard's chances by bailing out on the season when he did with the team he put together?

I guess now Bo won't go down as the coach that didn't make the NCAA tourney in 2016, it would be Gard, so Bo can retire with his streak in place.

Looking through UW colored glasses, it appears that Bo really didn't want to coach this year and it's better for him to step down and let Gard coach.

Looking through MU colored glasses, it looks very selfish on Bo's part. If the team was 9-2, there is no chance he steps down mid-season. The ship is starting to sink and he just took the only life preserver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast