Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lunardi

Lunardi

Not enough quality teams yet to fill out the field. Some people freaking out that he has UW(41)still in the field.

42-Mich, 43-VALPO, 44-Cal, 45-Vcu, 46-WICHITA, 47-Unlv. FIRST OUT: Marq, ArizSt, Tulsa, Richmond. NEXT OUT: NoIowa, Colorado, OreSt, NMexico

Northern Iowa who beat #1 North Carolina is out.
    March Madness starts in November

That is ridiculous UW is in though. 5 losses with 3 at home when they were favored strongly each time? Beat an average Syracuse team as their only achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Halo View Post
    That is ridiculous UW is in though. 5 losses with 3 at home when they were favored strongly each time? Beat an average Syracuse team as their only achievement.
    Also a win over a decent VCU win a neutral court. I think Marquette belongs in ahead of them, but Wisconsin likely gets in NCAA's with a 10-8 Big Ten finish.
    #BringShakaHome

What this does show is that MU is in pretty decent shape despite a light non conference schedule. Even 9-9 in the conference still gives us a shot. 10-8 plus a win in the conf tourney and we are a lock. Wouldn't hurt if ASU and LSU pick things up a bit to help us out.

I don't think 9-9 is going to do it. 10-8 might give you a shot if the bubble is soft.

Teams get penalized every year for non conference schedules like the one we have this year. If we are one of the last teams to be considered it will likely cost us a bid.

Someone did ask Lunardi how many teams he thinks make it from the Big East, and he said 6. Assuming Marquette is his 6th.

Means nothing, but yeah.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...son/LSU/MARQET

We certainly have a weak resume right now, conference will help, but man LSU is hurting us a lot because that was expected to be a top 100 win
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Gonna go out on a limb and say if we are close Ellenson gets us in.

I think that 10-8 plus one win in the Garden, or a flat 11-7 gets us in. While our RPI will likely linger in problem areas, I do believe that our Pomeroy ranking will vault into the top 50 and the committee looked at that a lot more heavily last year.
    #BringShakaHome

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast