Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Henry named Big East freshman of the week

National Freshman of the week......also number 2 behind Simmons for the year.

https://twitter.com/mattnorlander/st...00666338066433

lets see how things go in conference play, my mindset is that he is one and done, but if we get a 2nd year that's just a bonus
    The artist formerly known as "the sitting MU coach for president"

Quote Originally Posted by TheSultan View Post
    I just don't know what his mind set is. So that is hard to answer.
    Nobody does. That's why I thought my original question would provoke a lot of different opinions and create a little conversation during a down week for MU news.

Quote Originally Posted by MUAlphaBangura View Post
    Nobody does. That's why I thought my original question would provoke a lot of different opinions and create a little conversation during a down week for MU news.

OK.

I think if Henry is going pro next year, he will do so as long as he is reasonably assured of being drafted in the first round. Being a lottery pick v. #20. At #8 he would have a four year deal about $12.8M. #20 is at 7.2. That's a lot of money to put at risk, especially when he comes out early he gets one step closer to his first free agent contract. (Which could be more per year than all four years of his rookie deal combined.)

My guess is that it is 50/50. I think Henry wants to do something special at Marquette. Like Dunn, I could easily see him come back 1 more year (with MU adding Rowsey, Hauser and maybe even a grad transfer). Plays 2 years with his brother and then both move on. No doubt in my mind that Henry has thought of this.

I do not think the Ellensons live below the poverty line, which can add pressure on a player to get to the NBA asap. Is Henry emotionally ready for all that comes with being in the NBA? We can't read Henry's mind or his parents' mind, and that's what it will come down to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12