Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Those In Madison

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

For Those In Madison

On WKOW-TV channel 27 tonight, there is a story of a Madison family that will have 3 D1 college track and field siblings running next year on scholarship at Wisconsin, Kansas and Missouri and another sibling running for D3 power Wisconsin-LaCrosse. They are sons and daughters of a parent(s) that is a Marquette alum(s) and all attend or attended Edgewood High School.
    Last edited by TedBaxter; 05-21-2012 at 08:16 PM.

Wonder who that could be?

An absolute credit to Edgewood and the Madison community.

The dad won't make it as a movie extra. He kept looking over at the kids being interviewed, ala Pee-Wee Herman in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.
    Last edited by TedBaxter; 05-21-2012 at 08:47 PM.

Glad to have him as a poster - congrats!
    "When March Madness spills into April.... that's the gravy!" - Homer Simpson

Good to know that there is at least one other track and field fan on this board!!!

Kansas? That is some rarefied air as far as track history - Glenn Cunningham, Wes Santee (who came oh so close to being the first to break the 4:00 minute mile and who pretty much sacrificed a chunk of his career in fighting the AAU for more amateur sports rights) and the legendary Jim Ryan - just to mention a few. Oh and their first men's track coach? None other than Dr. James Naismith who if it weren't for him we wouldn't be posting on this b-ball board or any other for that matter.

Lastly, Wilt the Stilt and Gale Sayers were also on their track team.

Can someone fill me in - who is that poster who is a genetic freak - I assume we have more than a few Madison posters here.

For those not in Madison

A link to the story:

http://www.wkow.com/story/18578102/e...k-on-the-track

Click on video icon on the left hand side.

Quote Originally Posted by WarriorNich View Post
    A link to the story:

http://www.wkow.com/story/18578102/e...k-on-the-track

Click on video icon on the left hand side.
    Yikes - impressive family. They must have sacks of pasta at that house.

It's also nice to read Susie Favor Hamilton's name - saw her run in the Millrose Games in Madison Square Garden a couple times up close and personal - hubba hubba - talented both athletically and aesthetically if you know what I mean. I mean off the charts good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouJim View Post
    Yikes - impressive family. They must have sacks of pasta at that house.

It's also nice to read Susie Favor Hamilton's name - saw her run in the Millrose Games in Madison Square Garden a couple times up close and personal - hubba hubba - talented both athletically and aesthetically if you know what I mean. I mean off the charts good looking.
    She's a realtor in Madison now. Caribou might have to do some house shopping

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post
    She spoke at the Madison All City Girls Cross Country Awards Banquet two years ago. She gave a great speach. Spoke very openly and honestly about her run in the Olympics where she took a dive. I could not believe how openly she spoke about that. It was quite impressive. She does a fantastic job speaking. I earned even more respect for her after that.

Quote Originally Posted by ziggysfryboy View Post
    Hmmm...I do have a nephew that may be going to Madison next year for grad school - he may need my presence for mentoring purposes - may have to look into it some real estate now that I think of it - thanks for the suggestion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast