• Duane Wilson Leaving Marquette

Milwaukee - Slowly leaking out through social media today was the news that Duane Wilson was leaving Marquette.

Wilson was a redshirt junior who will graduate this spring and be immediately eligible to play at his next destination.

Wilson redshirted his freshman year due to injury in what turned out to be Buzz Williams final year at Marquette. In a note he posted on social media Wilson said...

"Always and forever will I love Marquette.

I will be transferring for my graduate year. I would like to thank the coaching staff for everything they have done for me & allowing me to be a part of this team. Also, thank you to all of the players for accepting me for who I am, always having my back and picking me up when I was down...just know we are brothers 4 life. I've built lifelong relationship with all of you. Also, I would like to thank the managers, Marquette alumni and donors, and fans for their support over these four years. growing up in Milwaukee I always wanted to play for the hometown team and be the hometown kid. This was a very hard decision for my family and I, but this is the best move for my future. I love you Marquette from the bottom of my heart!!!!!!!

A team leader throughout his time at Marquette, Wilson saw his role diminish this season as he played 28 minutes per game his first two seasons while averaging 11.9 & 11.6 points per game, and this year his time dropped to 16 minutes and 4.8 points per game.

No word yet on where Wilson is headed, but he will be missed as he was always a great representative of both Marquette and Milwaukee and always carried himself well both on and off the court.

Best of luck Swaggy D - you will always be a WARRIOR and you will be missed!