• Michael Redd Milwaukee Bucks Retirement Press Conference and Ceremony Bucks vs Cavs Game Recap

Michael Redd:
    • Drafted by the Bucks with the 43rd overall selection in the 2000 NBA Draft.
    • Played 11 seasons in Milwaukee where he averaged 20.0 points, 4.0 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game
    • Redd set the Bucks franchise individual game scoring record with a 57-point output vs. Utah on Nov. 11, 2006.
    • Redd holds the NBA record for three-point field goals made in one quarter when he sank eight triples in the fourth quarter vs. Houston on Feb. 20, 2002.
    • Redd was named as a reserve on the 2004 Eastern Conference All-Star team.
    • Redd was a member of Team USA’s 12-man roster for the FIBA Americas Championships in 2007.
    • Redd was a member of the Gold Medal-winning Team USA squad at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.

Where Michael Redd ranks in Milwaukee Bucks history:
    Points (4th, 11,554)
    Scoring Average (5th, 20.0 ppg)
    Games Played (7th, 578)
    Minutes (5th, 19,334)
    Field Goals Made (7th, 4,063)
    Field Goals Attempted (4th, 9,045)
    Three-Point Field Goals Made (2nd, 1,003)
    Three-Point Field Goals Attempted (1st, 2,619)
    Three-Point Field Goal Percentage (8th, .383)
    Free Throws made (2nd, 2,425)
    Free Throws attempted (3rd, 2,887)
    Free Throw percentage (10th, .840)

Bucks 109
    Cavaliers 104

Milwaukee -
    Cleveland Cavaliers led by Kyrie Irving’s 29 points started a 13-0 run late in the fourth quarter, but Caron Butler’s trailing tip in off a missed OJ Mayo fast break pull up jump shot with 24.8 seconds remaining helped the Milwaukee Bucks outlast the Cavs 109-104 at the BMO Harris Bradley Center on Wednesday.

Irving had an opportunity to take the lead and later tie the game, but dribbled off his foot with 14.3 seconds left on the clock followed by an off balanced three pointer with 6 seconds remaining as OJ Mayo made two free throws of his team-high 28 points to seal the victory.

Rookie second round draft pick starting point guard Nate Wolters played extremely well totaling 9 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists and 0 turnovers in 32 minutes playing in the absence of Brandon Knight (right hamstring strain) and Luke Ridnour (back issue).

“We had Gary and OJ hitting some shots,” said Wolters. “I just tried to run the offense. Try not to turn the ball over. Make plays when I can. I’m getting more comfortable every game. It’s been a lot of fun just getting this opportunity. Whenever my name is called I just try to give ourselves the chance to win. Coach Drew has a lot of confidence in me and I think that’s really helped me out and kept me out on the floor in crunch time for the most part.”

Bucks shot 50% from the field (36-72) and 56.5% (13-23) from three-point territory. Mayo was on an “apologetic mission” since losing their home opener to show fans how hard the team was capable of playing and their ability to knock down open shots. Mayo credited Wolters with his good penetration in the lane and finding his open teammates.

“He’s very poised to be a rookie,” said Mayo. “I think we all seen that from day one. I don’t think we thought he was going to get put in that hot seat that fast, but like I told him, welcome to the NBA. As long as you’re ready, you don’t have to get ready and we felt like he was always ready as far as getting there early, practicing well, extremely quiet, picking up on everything, trying to constantly learning every day and that’s helping him a lot during the games.”

The Bucks were also without Ersan Ilyasova (sore right ankle) and Larry Sanders (sprained right thumb) which forced Zaza Pachulia to assume a bigger role and he delivered giving the Bucks nearly 41 minutes and a perfect 10-10 from the charity stripe. Coach Drew after the game laughed that he was going to frame the stat sheet for his 41-minutes of hard work and toughness.

It was the first Bucks win of the season on their home court improving their overall record to 2-2 this year, but news pregame of Larry Sanders being held out of the lineup due to an off-court incident is a major concern for this team going forth. Sanders received a hefty 4-year $44 million contract extension in the offseason. He hasn’t seen many minutes in the first few games this season due to foul trouble and other post players like Henson, Pachulia and Antetokounmpo succeeding when given their opportunities to play.

The Bucks released this statement prior to the game: “We are aware of an incident from Saturday evening. The matter is under investigation and Larry Sanders in cooperating fully.”

According to Bucks head coach Larry Drew: “Yes it was reported that there was an incident. I’m not sure exactly what happened, right now it is under investigation. He will not play tonight due to a sore thumb. It certainly affects how we prepare because he is a big part of what we do from the starting aspect of it. But until we get further details on exactly what was all involved and what happened I can’t further comment on that.”

The Bucks will host the Dallas Mavericks Sat. Nov. 9th at 7:30 pm.