• Panthers taking their talents to South Beach

Want to know how to make yourself shudder without being cold? Picture me in nothing but boxers, waving a flag and jogging Downer Avenue as the baseball team returns victorious in its three-game series this weekend with the Miami Hurricanes.

Why do I bring this up? Because the challenge has been laid to the Panthers - beat Miami 2-1 or 3-0 in the series this weekend, find me welcoming them back in my skivvies.

Minutes later?

Game on, fellas.

Milwaukee Panthers at Miami Hurrcanes
    Friday 6 p.m. CT, Saturday 6 p.m. CT, Sunday noon CT

The Milwaukee Panthers will be taking their talents to South Beach - err, Coral Gables - for a three-game set with the Miami Hurricanes, ranked 20th in the latest college baseball poll.

The Panthers split a four-game set with the host New Mexico State Aggies last weekend in Las Cruces, New Mexico. On Friday, Milwaukee lost 4-3 in 10 innings before walloping the Aggies 11-0. Saturday, the Panthers won 13-8 and lost 16-8.

Pitcher to watch - Mike Schneider. The junior lefty had an outstanding first start of the season, pitching a no-hitter into the sixth inning and finishing with eight scoreless. The Aggies only batted .115 against Schneider on the night, putting his WHIP at an outstanding .750.

Hitter to watch - Will Fadness. Milwaukee's senior catcher was named Horizon League Hitter of the Week following the NMSU series in which he grand slammed four of his 10 RBI on the weekend. Two home runs, two doubles - he led the Horizon League with 21 in 2012 - and an OPS of 1.187 make Fadness a dangerous hitter to watch.

You can listen to the Friday and Sunday games live on WVUM in Miami. Saturday's game will be on Sports Radio 560 WQAM.