• Home Crowd Not Kind in Landry's Homecoming

MILWAUKEE - What could Golden State Warriors forward and Milwaukee native Carl Landry possibly do to make some of the BMO Harris Bradley Center fans turn against him in his return to town while he was at the free-throw line?

You never heard of Landry being in trouble with the law. He is as humble of a human being as you can find. No, he didn't play college ball in Wisconsin, but he's one of our native sons who managed to carve out a six-year NBA career from nothing as a second round pick in 2007.

Landry played on a high school championship team at Milwaukee Vincent as a reserve player, was a junior college All-American and an NJCAA Hall of Famer in 2012, had a good two years at Purdue and still we didn't know why he was booed throughout the Warriors game against the Bucks Saturday.

The Warriors are benefitting from Landry's production, and coach Mark Jackson knows what he's getting out of the 6-foot-9 player who entered the game averaging 12 points a game. He scored 13 in the Warriors' 109-102 loss. Landry will be content in starting or coming off the bench. Either way, he wants to help the team win and reach the playoffs.

Even Landry couldn't understand why he was stood up in Brewtown. "I didn't hear (the boos) at all," he said. "That's just respect. It must mean that you're doing something right. Everybody need haters."

It was great for Landry to see his family and play well in the team's only visit here. "Anytime you get a chance to come back home, you play in front of your friends and family, that's always fun. A lot of guys (enjoy that). I'm from the midwest. I have friends and family that came to the game as well.

"It's always fun to play here. This was the gym that I grew up watching. I never had an opportunity to play here until I got to the league. I always watched it on TV or the nosebleed, Section 499. It's always fun."

If the Bucks traded for Landry, it would be a distraction from friends and family and demands for more tickets or other things would take away his preparation for what he needs to do to get ready for a game. It's probably good that he plays for a team other than the Bucks.