• Bucks and Skiles Mutually Agree to Part Ways

Milwaukee Bucks Press Release.....

BUCKS AND SKILES MUTUALLY AGREE TO PART WAYS

The Milwaukee Bucks and Scott Skiles have mutually agreed to part ways after his four-plus seasons as head coach, General Manager John Hammond announced today. Assistant Jim Boylan will assume head coaching duties for the remainder of the season.
    “Scott and I met yesterday after practice and after some honest discussion, we both came to the conclusion that it was best to part ways,” Hammond said. “It is never an easy decision to make, but in the end a decision we felt was best for both parties. I want to thank Scott for his hard work, dedication and the imprint he leaves on our team and our entire organization. We all wish him and his family well.”

In four-plus seasons as head coach of the Bucks, Skiles compiled a 162-182 regular season record (.471), including a 46-36 mark in the 2009-10 campaign when the Bucks took Atlanta to seven games in the First Round of the NBA Playoffs. He was named the 11th head coach in Bucks franchise history on April 21, 2008, replacing Larry Krystkowiak.

“John and I met and mutually agreed that a coaching change would be in the best interest of both parties,” Skiles said.

“The Senator, the people of Wisconsin, and especially those in the Bucks organization have been very kind to me, my wife, and family. I am truly grateful for our time here. We are leaving with many fond memories.

“I believe this team can and will have success in the next 50 games and postseason. I want to thank the players for all of their hard work. I wish them all the best.”

Skiles amassed an overall record of 443-433 (.506) as an NBA head coach, which also includes stints with the Chicago Bulls and the Phoenix Suns. In his 12-plus seasons with the Suns, Bulls and Bucks, Skiles coached in six NBA postseasons (42 games, 18-24 record). He was originally hired as an assistant coach to Danny Ainge in Phoenix, a post he held for two-plus seasons. Prior to that he served as the head coach of PAOK in Greece.

Boylan, 57, has been the lead assistant coach for the Bucks the past four seasons, joining the team after finishing the final 56 games (24-32, .429) of the 2007-08 season as the interim head coach of the Chicago Bulls. His NBA coaching career began in 1992 with Cleveland and has also served as an assistant with Vancouver (1997-2000), Phoenix (2000-02), Atlanta (2003-04) and Chicago (2004-08).