• Jameel McKay commits to Marquette

Marquette recently received a commitment from Jameel McKay, a 6'8 1/2 forward from Milwaukee. McKay played high school ball for Milwaukee Pulaski High School where he was the City Conference Player of the Year as a Senior. Now at Indian Hills Community College in Ottumwa, IA, McKay led the Indians to a 33-4 record and his 14.6 points and 7.7 rebounds per game earned him a spot on the NJCAA All-American 1st team. His 14.6 points came on 62% shooting from the field.

When I got in contact with McKay after he announced his decision, he requested we meet at a place that means a great deal to him, the Mary Ryan Boys & Girls Club in Milwaukee.

Meet the newest Marquette Golden Eagle, Jameel McKay....

In McKay Marquette is getting an energetic, high flying, hard working player that can play either the 3-4 spots and has the ability to defend any position on the floor. He is a legit 6'8 1/2 with a long frame and along with Whitefish Bay Dominican's Duane Wilson and Milwaukee Vincent's Deonte Burton, the 414 Trio is expected to give Buzz Williams a top 10 nationally ranked recruiting class.

Congrats to Jameel!

Comments 3 Comments
      Markedman -
      Great job Jim!
      The Reptile -
      I was expecting an article a few days ago. This was much better. It's clear that he's excited about going to Marquette. It will be interesting to see big grow as he goes through the program.
      IWB -
      I was going to do a story right when he committed, but with him being in town, I had to go this route.