• Jordan Aaron speaks to PantherU

Jimmy Lemke of PantherU.com and BrewCityBall.com was lucky enough to get an interview with 2012 point guard commit Jordan Aaron of the Milwaukee Panthers. Aaron, who signed his National Letter of Intent and sent it in this week, figures to start at point guard for Rob Jeter and Milwaukee.

Jimmy Lemke: Why did you finally decide that Milwaukee was where you wanted to play?

Jordan Aaron: I just felt that it fit me right, I felt like it fit my character as well as my style of play, and I felt comfortable with the staff and players, kind of a close bond with everybody so I thought it was the best decision for me.

JL: You played with Paris last season at Southeastern. Was his spot on the Panther roster something that helped you pick Milwaukee?

JA: Yes it played a role, Paris and I are pretty close and we play well together on the floor, but mostly I felt comfortable with the coaching staff and other players on the team; that helped me make my decision.

JL: I know you wanted to make the commitment official back in January on the anniversary of your mother's passing. How important was this anniversary for you?

JA: Yeah I did, that anniversary means everything to me, everything I do I dedicate to my mother and all the hard work she put in to make sure I succeed in life and get to where I need to be, so I felt the commitment and everything fit that day perfectly.

JL: That's awesome. I can't imagine the pain of losing a parent. We know that the season at Southeastern got canceled because of the bookstore incident, but after that all we know is you landed at Olney. Since you couldn't play, what did you work on during this semester at Olney?

JA: I worked on becoming a better teammate even though I wasn't playing, like practicing and motivating my teammates and trying to be a leader even though I wasn't playing. And also working out, weight lifting trying to get my body physically fit and kind of stay in shape so I could be ready for Milwaukee.

JL: You mentioned earlier that the coaches would fit your style of play. For our fans, what kind of style basketball do you like to play?

JA: I like to put my speed to work so I like to go up and down, speed up past the defense but also remain under control. I like to use ball screens and then come off and create for my teammates or myself. Being that we have such talented bigs and wing players that could shoot the ball well, it would be hard to defend. Milwaukee does a lot of that and it complements my game well.

JL: The fans will definitely be excited to hear that you favor an up-tempo style game. What are your plans on getting to campus? Are you going to come immediately after the semester is over, or will you be spending some time back home in NYC?

JA: I'm happy to hear that. My plans are getting to campus to as soon as possible. I might take a few weeks to go back home, but I really want to get to campus, start working out, maybe take some summer classes, get better and try to play with the players to get a feel of some of the things they do and places on the floor they feel most comfortable at to make them a threat. That's my job as a point guard to know these things and I look forward to it.

JL: The Horizon League looks to be stronger next year, with several teams stepping it up in recruiting. What are your goals for this upcoming season, for the team and yourself?

JA: My goals are to basically to help the Panthers become an even better team then we are already are. I want us to be apart of that 64 that makes the NCAA Tournament. I know that these are also goals for the other guys on the team as well, we play to make it to the tournament and go far. I look to bring 100% effort out on the court every night and I know that my teammates will back me up. Goals for myself are just to win on and off the court, and lead the team; that's my job. But we all want to win, so making the tournament and hopefully winning it is what I'm striving for and I know my teammates feel the same way.

JL: All right, Jordan, I think the fans will be pleased to hear this. Thanks for taking the time to talk!

JA: No problem! Glad to be a part of the Panther Nation!

UPDATE: Jordan posted a picture of the NLI today: