• Kentucky wins it all, so now what?

Kentucky won the national title, and was without question, the best team in the nation. Position by position, the Wildcats resemble an NBA feeder team. They are young, long and athletic. They will lose several to the NBA, and re-load with more top talent. The only question that remains for the Wildcats is whether or not John Calipari will head to the NBA with the New York Knicks. If that happens, the coaching carousel may just spin right off its tracks.

By now you have read every post game recap story of the tourney, so I will just point out a few flaws.

1) The Fray - worst National Anthem ever. Why do they (NCAA) feel the need to do something out of the ordinary?....."Ooohhh....that has never been done before! Let's do that!" How about a woman or man with a great voice, just singing the National Anthem? Doesn't have to be a rock star, or famous person, just give me a powerful voice and blow the dorrs off the place. The guy with the Civil War drum looked like a complete buffoon. Because you know every drummer in the Civil War rocked a drumstick in the right hand, a tambourine in his left.

2) Ok, ok, I know nobody has proven that Calipari and Kentucky are dirty, I mean, it can't be tough to recruit with a promise of a Final Four and a potential one-and-done philosophy, but when the soon to be agent
    Williams "World Wide Wes" Wesley is sitting behind your bench, it just doens't smell right. And how about W3 hugging players after the title game? Sure looks like he is focused on setting his meat hooks into Davis, doesn't it?

3) If the NCAA really is about higher education as they claim to be, and vow to come down harder on athletes and programs for academic reasons than they ever have, then perhaps the should take a class on how better to promote next year's Final Four in "Alanta".

Ok, so the season is over, what do you do now? Well, you can look at the extremely early pre-season polls.....

Bleacher Report grades the nations top paid college coaches
    , Marquette's Buzz Williams and Wisconsin's Bo Ryan both received a B+.

So now it is on to recruiting..... Time to follow AAU ball. This weekend at various gyms around Milwaukee, but primarily at Homestead High School, will be NY2LA's Swish 'N Dish Spring Warm Up. No matter what your opinion of Grassroots AAU basketball, there is no question that some of the best talent in the country will be in this tournament. Schedules are a bit hard to follow, but all can be found here.

If you are not into national AAU ball and local high school is more your style, then you will love this one.... My man Geo Riley has teamed up with the guys at MidwestBallers.com to put on the Maximum Exposure Invitational April 14th at Nicolet High School. Stars from the Junior and Senior classes around the state will be competing in this one. All of the info and rosters can be found on the MidwestBallers.com website, just click here.

On to the Milwaukee Bucks and the NBA - The Bucks crushed the Washington Wizards on Monday, 112-98. As I have said over the last two weeks, break 100, and the Bucks will come out on top. This win was driven by Brandon Jennings' performance in the 3rd quarter, 17 of his 19 points came in the 3rd. Ersan Ilyasova recorded a double double with 16 & 11 while Monte Ellis, Mike Dunleavy, Shaun Livingston and Epke Udoh all scored in double digits. The Bucks are at home tonight to take on Cleveland, game time is 7:00 and will be on FSN.

Here is a look at how the local players did in the NBA over the last two days...

Player Team Local tie-in Day MIN FG 3PT FT Oreb Dreb REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS W/L
    Caron Butler LA Clippers Racine Park HS Mon 25 6-12 1-5 0-0 0 2 2 1 1 1 0 2 +16 13 W
    Jimmy Butler Chicago Bulls Marquette Mon 0 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 L
    Devin Harris Utah Jazz Wisconsin/Tosa East Mon 13 3-7 0-2 3-3 0 0 0 4 2 0 0 0 -4 9 W
    Lazar Hayward OKC Thunder Marquette Mon DNP
    Carl Landry New Orleans Wincent High School IR
    Jon Leuer Milwaukee Bucks Wisconsin Mon 3 0-1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 -7 0 W
    Wesley Matthews Portland Marquette/JM Memorial Mon 39 10-12 5-6 8-10 0 1 1 3 2 0 2 3 -1 33 L
    Steve Novak New York Knicks Marquette/Brown Deer HS Tue 13 3-4 3-4 0-0 0 1 1 0 0 2 0 1 -8 9 L
    Greg Stiemsma Boston Celtics Wisconsin/Randolph HS Tue 24 2-5 0-0 2-2 0 4 4 0 2 1 1 6 +6 6 W
    Dwyane Wade Miami Heat Marquette Mon 36 6-17 0-3 3-5 3 5 8 3 1 3 2 4 -18 15 L

How about UWM's Tony Meier and Loyola's Ben Averkamp being named to Division I-AAA Athletics Directors Association Scholar-Athlete Team. Meier put up a 3.646 GPA while majoring in Business, while Averkamp is a Biology major with plans to go to med school. Impressive that out of the 11 players in the entire nation to receive this award, both Meier and Averkamp played in the 2011 Scion Dental Milwaukee Summer Pro-Am. Congrats Tony and Ben!

Its time to hit the recruiting trail!!!!

Photo of the day....How many of you knew that former Marquette player Greg "Biggie" Clausen lost 63 lbs in 5 months and now bills himself as the "7 foot Bodybuilder"?

Video of the day.... How about a look back at ESPN's college basketball dunks of the year?