• Dominican's Duane Wilson commits to Marquette *Video*

Duane Wilson led Whitefish Bay Dominican to a Division 4 State Championship over the weekend, and Tuesday he ended his basketball recruitment. Seated with his parents in the board room at Dominican, with his coach and teammates behind him, Wilson pledged his commitment to Buzz Williams and the Marquette Golden Eagles.

Wilson selected Marquette over other finalists Memphis and Missouri, and explained the reason why. "Coach Buzz Williams. Coach is a kind of guy that, when he was recruiting me, didn't talk about basketball, he talked about school, and what I wanted to do with my life after basketball. I really believe he will help me become a man."

Wilson has already grown quite a bit over the last year, working hard on his game and in the classroom. He has come a long way in developing his leadership skills as a point guard, distributing the ball and running the team, as opposed to trying to do too much himself. Dominican Coach Paul Wollersheim explained, "This year his leadership skills really developed. Its tough to be a leader as a freshman or sophomore, instead of yelling to teammates, he talks to them, explains to them what the need to do. He knows when to pick a kid up and when they need a kick in the butt."

A 6'2 floor general, Wilson has a solid outside shot and can really run the floor, which is perfect for Marquette's style of play. Wilson is also an athletic player who can get to the rim, but he will need to add some muscle before he is ready for the Big East style of play, but Wilson has already addressed that issue. "I have been working real hard, I have actually put on 15 pounds over the last couple of months, and I will keep working on that."

Having the recruiting process behind him, Wilson can now focus on further developing his game, and his father, Duane "Ike" Wilson, explained. "He has to get ready to play because we will be in the Nike EYBL basketball league. Its a real competitive league. Its 40 teams, its real competitive, its a slug-fest just like the Big East. That is what he's getting ready for, and also AAU tournaments, which are even harder than high school."

Being close to Marquette, Wilson has already gotten to know most of the players and coaches at Marquette, and sees himself in those roles. "I have gotten to know the guys, and I watch them and see myself in those games. Watching Junior Cadougan and DJO, I can learn from those guys."

Wilson joins fellow Milwaukee native Deonte Burton in Marquette's 2013 recruiting class. The two standouts are sure to continue with the success that Buzz Williams' teams have had since he has been at Marquette.