• LaCrosse native Scott Christopherson in NCAA *video

LOUISVILLE, KY - I have several in-laws tied to Iowa State, so while in Louisville covering Marquette, many of them asked me if I was going to do anything on Iowa State. Well, since Iowa State standout Scott Christopherson is from Wisconsin, and did go to Marquette his freshman year before transferring to Iowa State, I could not think of a better target. It may not be much, but here goes.....

From LaCrosse, WI, Scott Christopherson started his college basketball career at Marquette University. After head coach Tom Crean left for Indiana, and assistant coach Buzz Williams was selected to replace him, Christopherson decided to transfer, and headed for Ames, IA to play for the Cyclones.

Two years after arriving in Ames, Christopherson went through another coaching change, and Fred Hoiberg took over the once storied program. Since then, Christopherson has flourished. His playing time increased, his role increased and his production increased. Scott had certainly found his home. Following his junior season, he was named All-Big XII honorable mention, and this season emerged as a true team leader.

Iowa State is a different team of sorts, a group mainly consisting of transfers, and Christopherson took the leadership role. It was a blend that Hoiberg directed to one of the best seasons Cyclone fans had seen in quite some time, finishing in 3rd place in the Big XII, and headed back to the NCAA tournament.

Heading into the NCAA tournament Christopherson averaged 12.6 points per game. He was named to the All-Big XII 3rd team, and the Big XII's All-Academic 1st team.

In the first round of the NCAA tournament, Iowa State knocked off UConn, and Scott played a major role in that victory, putting up 15 points and went 3-3 from three point land. Next up Christopherson and the Cyclones face the Kentucky Wildcats in front of a "home crowd".

All of us at BrewCityBall wish Scott and the Cyclones the best of luck!