• Marquette prepares for Murray State - video

Today is the prep day for teams in Louisville, and before getting to the pre-game, I thought I would explain a little bit about what goes on here.

The media room at the Yum! Center is actually Louisville's practice gym. The entire room has been transformed into three areas. The main section, the media work room, is about 2/3 of the gym. There are more stacks of quotes, stats and game info than you could imagine. There are work tables set up for about 200 media members, and at any given time, there are about 150 people in here working. From MU media people like Tom Enlund, Alex Jesswein, Mark Strottman and Tess Quinlan, to national guys like Mike DeCourcy, Pat Forde Jeff Goodman. Stationed around the room are 5 big screen tvs, so people can keep track of other games.

There are curtains that separate this from the press conference area, which is where they hold the press conferences that you will see on CBS. Big stage with several rows of hotel conference room chairs for the media. Behind that, is a work are for TV stations pulling the video from the pressers.

Here is a picture of half of one room, with some notes...

As interesting as those press conferences are, the action is in the locker rooms. Generally, the media does not go into college locker rooms, but at the NCAAs, once practice or games are done, there is a 10 minute cooling off period and then you can go in. Practices were closed to the media today, but were open on Wednesday.

I went in to the locker room after today's pressers, and spoke to a few of the players.

All in all, I would say the Yum! Center is one of, if not THE best college basketball facility I have seen.

So, here is some short video with Junior Cadougan, Davante Gardner and Jamil Wilson. Ok, well, Davante didn't say much, but he is in the video.