• Panthers hit #23 in Mid-Major Top 25

I don't know how much stock you can put into the Mid-Major Top 25 - it was infamous for once giving votes to Milwaukee, UW-Milwaukee and Wisconsin-Milwaukee - but CollegeInsider.com's Mid-Major Top 25 has ranked the Milwaukee Panthers for the first time this season.

They debut at #23, ahead of Georgia State and UT-Arlington and directly behind Wagner, Denver and the College of Charleston.

The Horizon League is also represented by Cleveland State at #10 in the poll. *Milwaukee visits Cleveland State on Sunday.

I've never been a huge fan of the poll - not only for that brand name flub a few years ago but also because they count every non-BCS, non MWC/A10 school as "mid-major."

There's no divide for mid-majors and low-majors, which to me is just as prominent as it is between high-majors and mid-majors. *Many low-majors have arenas that only carry a 2,000 capacity or smaller, looking like high school gyms. *It makes for a tough atmosphere - the Panthers experienced that at Niagara - but it's still a crowd a quarter the size of big Panther games and half the size of run-of-the-mill Panther games.

Anyways, here is the link to the Mid-Major Top 25.