PDA

View Full Version : JJ's improvement

Markedman
12-06-2015, 01:08 PM
Maturity and new shot mechanics really seem to have made a difference. Obviously the defenses will get tougher going forward but theses numbers are pretty impressive from a guy who couldn't throw it in the ocean in his first 2 seasons.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/marq/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2015-16/stats/season_stats.pdf

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-06-2015, 05:26 PM
If JJJ can keep this up, I will happily eat a massive plate of crow. I was pretty much at the point of giving up on him as it seemed he could rarely put it together either consistently or against high-level competition. The effort and level of play this year (even when he's been off) has been much better than we've seen in the past. Really pleased with what we've seen from him this year.

AbovetheRim
12-06-2015, 05:29 PM
If JJJ can keep this up, I will happily eat a massive plate of crow. I was pretty much at the point of giving up on him as it seemed he could rarely put it together either consistently or against high-level competition. The effort and level of play this year (even when he's been off) has been much better than we've seen in the past. Really pleased with what we've seen from him this year.

At least offensively, this sounds similar to how you would have described Vander Blue his first two years.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
12-06-2015, 05:33 PM
At least offensively, this sounds similar to how you would have described Vander Blue his first two years.

Now if only he could play defense like Vander...

...though JJJ has been much better on defense this year too.

MUBasketball
12-06-2015, 06:22 PM
And don't underestimate the importance of confidence either.