PDA

View Full Version : Duane

IrwinFletcher
12-06-2015, 08:54 AM
Around the mid way point of the 2nd half, MUhad about 75ish points and I made the comment to my wife that who would have thunk that MU would have north of 75 points and Duane Wilson would have zero points. So I decided to watch him soley the last 10 minutes. I was a bit surprised.

You might think in a blowout game like this, I guy who is considered the leader on this team and one of the two top returning talents would just take it over and "get his", but it was the complete opposite. He continued to work the ball, spreading it around, trying to feed Heldt in the post and setting up his teammates. Defensively, he was busting his tail and doing the best job of any of our guards in limiting penetration by Maine's decent perimeter guys.

In short, Duane didn't play like a player who was frustrated by others getting their points or not being the focal point of the team. He stayed within the team concept even when the game was completely out of hand.

I was really happy to see this and think it is something that bodes well for the team down the road.

pbiflyer
12-06-2015, 09:40 AM
I don't put too much into the stat line in cupcake games.
Nice review of Duane. Good to know he was working hard.
I think as games get more important, his numbers will rise to meet his effort.

TheSultan
12-06-2015, 11:47 AM
Duane is going through a slump, but he is clearly a leader and very much a team player. And he is still just a sophomore.

Nukem2
12-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Around the mid way point of the 2nd half, MUhad about 75ish points and I made the comment to my wife that who would have thunk that MU would have north of 75 points and Duane Wilson would have zero points. So I decided to watch him soley the last 10 minutes. I was a bit surprised.

You might think in a blowout game like this, I guy who is considered the leader on this team and one of the two top returning talents would just take it over and "get his", but it was the complete opposite. He continued to work the ball, spreading it around, trying to feed Heldt in the post and setting up his teammates. Defensively, he was busting his tail and doing the best job of any of our guards in limiting penetration by Maine's decent perimeter guys.

In short, Duane didn't play like a player who was frustrated by others getting their points or not being the focal point of the team. He stayed within the team concept even when the game was completely out of hand.

I was really happy to see this and think it is something that bodes well for the team down the road.I was watching him as well and noticed the same. Wojo also made a positive comment re Duane's efforts on the post-game show with Homer.

MUMac
12-06-2015, 01:11 PM
I was watching him as well and noticed the same. Wojo also made a positive comment re Duane's efforts on the post-game show with Homer.

Unfortunately for Duane, Wojo called a TO right as Duane was in process of draining a 3.