PDA

View Full Version : Sacar Anim

835schroeder
12-02-2015, 09:26 PM
I was very encouraged by his play tonight. He is a hustler, scrapper, and can score. I don't know why he worked his way into Wojo's dog house, but hopefully he has played his way out of it. Sacar looks like he can be a real fan favorite in the future!

TheSultan
12-02-2015, 09:46 PM
I agree about the hustle, but the scoring was in garbage time against one of the worst teams in D1 ball. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Markedman
12-02-2015, 10:14 PM
Why do people always assume a freshman who,doesn't play is in the dog house?

Wojo is playing 8 guys. None are seniors.....they need time on the court together to develop chemistry.

Freshmen are sitting on the bench all over the country. This is not something unique to Wojo.

It's a big jump to d-1 college ball.

warriorfan4life
12-02-2015, 10:17 PM
Why do people always assume a freshman who,doesn't play is in the dog house?

Wojo is playing 8 guys. None are seniors.....they need time on the court together to develop chemistry.

Freshmen are sitting on the bench all over the country. This is not something unique to Wojo.

It's a big jump to d-1 college ball.

And the guy playing ahead of him, Wally Ellenson, had 7 rebounds in 13 minutes tonight.

Djgoldnboy
12-03-2015, 09:51 AM
From Wojo post game, sums it up pretty clear.

"Look, Sacar and Matt are on a different race than some of our other young guys, but I believe in them and I think they're going to be good players at Marquette," he said. "They've just got to stay at it and keep working. They've had good attitudes.

"They're more like normal freshmen — what Henry (Ellenson) and Haaney (Cheatham) and Traci (Carter) are doing, that's not what freshmen normally do. They've just got to stick at it and they're going to be good. They're going to help us this year and they're going to help us for years to come."

Markedman
12-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Exactly. Haaney, Henry and Traci are the exceptions to the rule. MU is lucky to have 3 first year guys that are ready to play at this level.