PDA

View Full Version : LSU Prediction Time

bleedbluegold03
11-23-2015, 09:50 AM
Vegas giving Marquette 6 points.

Hard to know what we'll show up with, but if the team has any pride/fight hopefully we can keep it close.

Not expecting a victory by any means, lose by 10 or less and I'll be ok.

Another blow out, and this season could get away from us in a hurry...

Nukem2
11-23-2015, 10:00 AM
LSU has had bunnies at home so far. This is their first test and away from home. So, who knows.

Phantom Warrior
11-23-2015, 10:25 AM
Unless Duane begins to knock down a higher percentage of his outside shots, and Henry can hit at least a couple, this will be a blow out. We have had trouble defending even good players this year, and we haven't seen anyone even close to Simmons or maybe even Blakeney for that matter.

We will definitely find out what kind of character this group has over the next two games. As far as tonight, I figure LSU by 15. I just want to see us play every possession tough, especially on D.

MUfan12
11-23-2015, 10:26 AM
LSU by 15-20. MU can't guard their own shadows, much less Simmons and Blakeney.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-23-2015, 11:05 AM
I think this will be down to the wire. LSU has had a very easy schedule and this is their first test game away from home. This is a perfect time to break out the zone, force a team that doesn't take a ton of threes to shoot over it. The biggest threat there will be Blakeney, but make them prove they can shoot in an unfamiliar arena with different sight lines. Need to attack them down low. Robinson, Epps, and Malone give up a ton of fouls. Attack them inside and get to the line. Try to control Simmons by getting him in foul trouble (he's had 4 fouls in 2/3 games).

LSU is 3-0, but Belmont and Iowa would wipe the floor with any of the three teams they beat. This is a young LSU team that won't have the same senior advantage that has cost us so far. The line started at -4, Pomeroy has it as a 3-point game. The reason the line is up to -6.5 is pretty much only because we got stomped by Iowa and people are buying into the "Marquette sucks" hype. We'll cover and keep it close, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if we won tonight.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
11-23-2015, 11:20 AM

This

MUBasketball
11-23-2015, 11:29 AM
As Alan touched on, this LSU team is young. Their major guns are all frosh: Simmons, Blankeney, and Sampson (who would look great in a St. John's uni right now). All very skilled, but despite what we've seen so far so are our new guys. They haven't smoked any of their 3 bunnies this year. I expect a good game.

CaribouJim
11-23-2015, 11:51 AM
As Alan touched on, this LSU team is young. Their major guns are all frosh: Simmons, Blankeney, and Sampson (who would look great in a St. John's uni right now). All very skilled, but despite what we've seen so far so are our new guys. They haven't smoked any of their 3 bunnies this year. I expect a good game.

I only hope you and brewcity are correct, but I'm gravitating towards a really ugly game with Luke getting in early foul trouble.

Then again, I penciled in a 40 point loss to UCONN for MU's first Big East game. Just wish there was a Steve Novak type or at least in the vicinity of Steve, to open things up and keep the defense honest. Maybe Cohen can go off from the outside, Luke stays out of foul trouble and shows off his passing skills to guys cutting to the hoop, Duane drives and dishes on a regular basis ala Lloyd Walton with Henry the benefactor of most of them like Dwayne Johnson was on the receiving end of many of Doc Rivers 16 assists in that close loss to Terry Cummings and DePaul. Simmons scares the crap out of me though, but he is a frosh...

TheSultan
11-23-2015, 11:55 AM
LSU wins by about 8 in a game that is basically tied with 6 to 8 minutes to go.

11-23-2015, 12:32 PM
Marquette succeeds in slowing the game down, reduces mistakes, and keeps it close. Plenty of reason for hope in the second half as we take the lead on a few occasions, but ultimately fall to LSU 65-62. Just a little too much of Ben Simmons down the stretch.

MUBasketball
11-23-2015, 12:39 PM
Marquette succeeds in slowing the game down, reduces mistakes, and keeps it close. Plenty of reason for hope in the second half as we take the lead on a few occasions, but ultimately fall to LSU 65-62. Just a little too much of Ben Simmons down the stretch.

Ooohhhh, 65-62? I dunno about that. Think if its close it will be high scoring. Or should I say, I think LSU will score a lot so MU better also. I think the final will be more in-line with the Belmont game.

MUBasketball
11-23-2015, 12:42 PM
P.S. Here is what Johnny Jones had to say about MU:

Marquette strengths and differences from LSU
“They’ve got a center that is maybe considered a lottery pick, freshman, that can put the ball on the deck, has great size and strength, great in the post area that will create some problems for us as well. That’s a tough matchup. They actually have two post guys that will present some challenges as to how we will defend them. At the same time, we feel that with our guard play, with the post guys we have and depending on if Elbert Robinson is back and whether he will be able to provide us with anything on Monday or not remains to be seen. We’re not sure what kind of lineup we will have and we may have to do some things to offset their post guys who are extremely tough.”

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=210522599

MUfan12
11-23-2015, 12:47 PM
Ooohhhh, 65-62? I dunno about that. Think if its close it will be high scoring. Or should I say, I think LSU will score a lot so MU better also.

Agreed. I don't see how MU keeps this game in the 60's, given their defensive struggles.

11-23-2015, 01:26 PM
Ooohhhh, 65-62? I dunno about that. Think if its close it will be high scoring. Or should I say, I think LSU will score a lot so MU better also. I think the final will be more in-line with the Belmont game.

Pace of play. I think Wojo is going to really try to slow it down. It's easier to slow a game down than it is to speed it up. Over/under is 147 for this one, which means Vegas expects a game in the 70s. I think we keep it close and in the 60s.

79warrior
11-23-2015, 02:48 PM
I will take LSU an give the 6. I will bet against MU in every game against quality teams until we show we can win one.

warriorfan4life
11-23-2015, 03:21 PM
If there is a little improvement from the Belmont showing, Marquette can beat LSU. The Marquette that showed up the last two games loses by 10-15. LSU has some nice individual players, but I do not love their overall mix and Johnny Jones is not exactly John Wooden.

MUfan12
11-23-2015, 03:30 PM
How MU starts will be crucial tonight. Their confidence can't be very high. If they get buried early, it could get Iowa ugly.

Halo
11-23-2015, 03:43 PM
MU figures it out and wins by 3.

MUwarrior1090
11-23-2015, 04:37 PM
We finally hit some shots. Guys feel less pressure since we're away from home. However, can't close the game late and LSU wins by 4

Cooby Snacks
11-23-2015, 04:43 PM
LSU covers comfortably.

Markedman
11-23-2015, 05:48 PM
Duane and JJ coming off the bench

@Matt_Velazquez: According to scorer's table monitor, Traci Carter, Haanif Cheatham, Sandy Cohen III, Henry Ellenson & Luke Fischer are #mubb starters.

Markedman
11-23-2015, 05:50 PM
@Matt_Velazquez: Regarding #mubb's starting lineup, I expected something would change after Thursday. Wojo needs to light a fire. We'll see if it works.

MUfan12
11-23-2015, 08:18 PM

Gimme all dat crow.

Markedman
11-23-2015, 08:33 PM
D was much better tonight......:D

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-23-2015, 09:23 PM
It's not often you win a game and have 22 turnovers and two starters foul out... I said I would be shocked if we won, and frankly I am... Very happy though.

Halo
11-23-2015, 09:29 PM
MU figures it out and wins by 3.

:cool:

IrwinFletcher
11-23-2015, 09:34 PM

So you were wrong.

Halo
11-23-2015, 10:23 PM
So you were wrong.

I meant to give myself a margin of error of 2 points.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
11-23-2015, 10:27 PM
Gimme all dat crow.

Same here, love the taste. Great w!