PDA

View Full Version : OT: Rothstein

MUBasketball
11-22-2015, 03:14 PM
For those who follow him, we all know he posts the same damn thing over and over. Gems such as:

"Death. Taxes. Bo Ryan" after ANY Wisconsin win

"Palpable buzz" when visiting a teams practice.

"If you don't like this game, you don't like fun."

And this year, "its all fun and games until someone loses a buy game" after EVERY upset.

Do you guys think he's trying to be funny and failing miserably? Or is he aware how annoying he is and intentionally perpetuates it? He strikes me as a 40 year old virgin so I think he's just oblivious. Thoughts??

Markedman
11-22-2015, 03:23 PM
I think he is trying to be clever and is too dumb to realize he is failing miserably at the attempt.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-22-2015, 04:58 PM
Just a moron. Has no clue how idiotic he looks, and must not pay attention to his mentions because people mock him constantly for that kind of stuff.

AlexJesswein
11-22-2015, 06:29 PM
Any close game is a rock fight.

So much INSERT NAME in NAME.

2012Warrior
11-22-2015, 06:49 PM
"Stay hungry, Stay humble"

MU/Panther
11-22-2015, 07:01 PM
I really like Jon Rothstein. He knows his stuff player and team wise that goes beyond the big schools. He gives great schedule info in the summertime. I wish we had more national media like that. That being said, he has boring and dull sayings. He is ok on CBSSN.

MUBasketball
11-22-2015, 07:50 PM
I really like Jon Rothstein. He knows his stuff player and team wise that goes beyond the big schools. He gives great schedule info in the summertime. I wish we had more national media like that. That being said, he has boring and dull sayings. He is ok on CBSSN.

He shits on non-BCS/Power 5 schools (despite this being a football term). NC State beats Nova and he says "whole different herd of cattle in the ACC".

Other national guys realize and acknowledge there are plenty of high major programs in "mid major" leagues. Rothstein doesn't.

He's a turd.

MU/Panther
11-22-2015, 08:03 PM
He shits on non-BCS/Power 5 schools (despite this being a football term). NC State beats Nova and he says "whole different herd of cattle in the ACC".

Other national guys realize and acknowledge there are plenty of high major programs in "mid major" leagues. Rothstein doesn't.

He's a turd.
Yes, that's right! I forgot about that stupid comment he made.
Plus, I do hate how he says the Atlantic 10, Big East and American Athletic Conference fights for the at-large births between them.

warriorfan4life
11-22-2015, 08:53 PM
Yes, that's right! I forgot about that stupid comment he made.
Plus, I do hate how he says the Atlantic 10, Big East and American Athletic Conference fights for the at-large births between them.

I can actually see the A-10 being a one-two bid league this year with EC Matthews's injury at Rhode Island (though GW's win over Virginia may single handedly propel them into the tourney). The American is good at the top, but its bottom teams belong in the Sun Belt. The Big East is far better then both of those leagues, and that is with two sleeping giants (Marquette and St. John's) currently in major rebuilding mode.

Rothstein works hard, but has become a running joke and makes Jeff Goodman look like a basketball genius (and I think Goodman knows little about actual basketball).

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-23-2015, 10:55 PM
Regarding tonight's game...

"@JonRothstein: So much Evan Turner in Tim Quarterman...."

Uhh, did he ever WATCH Evan Turner in college? Honestly, the better LSU comparison may be Simmons. Turner played that same type of point forward role for Ohio State. Surprised Rothstein didn't call our game a rock fight.

MUwarrior1090
11-24-2015, 03:27 PM
I just looked at his Twitter feed. What a clown. He's a walking cliche with no real analysis.

Only thing he provides is his summer tour of visiting team's practices. He's able to analyze teams at a time when we're desperate for information.