PDA

View Full Version : End of game/OT

IrwinFletcher
11-17-2015, 07:50 AM
I am pretty sure that Henry Luke, Duane, Cheatham and Cohen played the whole overtime as well as the final few minutes of the game ( I could be mistaken so clarify if I'm wrong).

At least early on, this is the lineup that Wojo trusts the most and is likely the best we have. Traci has some work to do, Anim has shown some flashes but seems to be a guy who will struggle to score on his own, JJJ has some offensive skills but his shot is not better and Wally does a nice job off the bench.

Need a couple of guys out of this group to start hitting from deep. Teams are already sagging in on Luke and Henry and that is taking away alot from their games.

IWB
11-17-2015, 08:28 AM
Overtime:
Henry 5 mins
Luke 5 mins
Duane 5 mins
Haanif 5 mins
Sandy 5 Mins

Last substitution in regulation: Duane Wilson in for Jajuan Johnson at the 6:01 mark.

Prior to that...
Haanif & Jajuan for Duane & Traci at 9:01.

Henry came in for Wally at 9:05.

So out of those 5,

Duane played the last 6:01 plus 5 in OT.
Haanif played the last 9:01 plus 5 in OT.
Henry played the last 9:05 plus 5 in OT.
Sandy played entire 2nd half plus 5 in OT.
Luke played entire 2nd half plus 5 in OT.

On the game:
Luke Fischer: 44 mins
Sandy Cohen: 40 mins
Henry Ellenson: 31 mins
Duane Wilson: 31 mins
Haanif Cheatham: 30 mins
Jajuan Johnson: 19 mins
Traci Carter: 14 mins
Wally Ellenson: 10 mins
Sacar Anim: 6 mins

The only DNP was Matt Heldt. Wojo was asked about that after the game. Wojos said he does plan on using Matt, but he is behind the two best players on the team, and in a game like that, it is very hard to take guys like Luke and Henry out of the game. Added that things aren't always smooth when you have a freshman PG and your go to guy is also a freshman.

bleedbluegold03
11-17-2015, 08:44 AM
Biggest issues needing to be addressed

- 3 point shooting. 21% on the year won't cut it, and allows teams to easily double down low, stalling the offense

- Carelessness with the ball. Really concerning to see us try and give the game away in regulation last night, doesn't suggest we learned a lot from Friday.

- Duane Wilson. Man he's been rough. Poor decision making, awful from the ark (can we confirm he actually shoot 55% from beyond the arc in HS?).

Djgoldnboy
11-17-2015, 08:56 AM
Biggest issues needing to be addressed

- Duane Wilson. Man he's been rough. Poor decision making, awful from the ark (can we confirm he actually shoot 55% from beyond the arc in HS?).

He shot 35.5% last year here at MU on 138 attempts, he can hit, he's just in a shooting slump to start the season right now. How quickly we forget.

2012Warrior
11-17-2015, 09:48 AM
I'm an optimist, so I'm hoping after the Belmont loss we were really tight. I hope that was a case of getting the monkey off our back. Hopefully we were just pressing. I do really like the zone. I don't know if Wojo struggles teaching man or lack of talent last year and lack of experience this year makes it tougher to implement.

Markedman
11-17-2015, 11:59 AM
Everything looks out of sync. On offense everybody starts out aggressive and then after missing a bunch of shots they get tentative. Traci misses 3s, JJ airballs a 3 and then has a pass go through his hands out of bounds seconds later. Cheatham missed an early 3 and then didn't take another jump shot....he was obviously aggressive going to the basket late.

They need some confidence and for them to get it they have to make some shots early. Duane is kind of unique. He can miss 5 of them but he knows he has to score for the team to have a chance so he keeps trying.

Rebounding is also a concern.

Obviously the competition in Italy really didn't show us much about the challenges we would face when playing against teams that played defense and game planned.

Nukem2
11-17-2015, 12:28 PM
Everything looks out of sync. On offense everybody starts out aggressive and then after missing a bunch of shots they get tentative. Traci misses 3s, JJ airballs a 3 and then has a pass go through his hands out of bounds seconds later. Cheatham missed an early 3 and then didn't take another jump shot....he was obviously aggressive going to the basket late.

They need some confidence and for them to get it they have to make some shots early. Duane is kind of unique. He can miss 5 of them but he knows he has to score for the team to have a chance so he keeps trying.

Rebounding is also a concern.

Obviously the competition in Italy really didn't show us much about the challenges we would face when playing against teams that played defense and game planned.Yes confidence is important. Hopefully the guys gained some in pulling out the game in OT. My concerns going in to the season were defense, 3 point shooting and inexperience. My concerns have not changed one iota after 2 games.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-19-2015, 12:41 PM
Duane can shoot, I just hope that he wasn't a benefactor of Carlino being such a lethal deep threat. Now that he's the main focal point beyond the arc, he's going to draw teams' best perimeter defender. I have been way too busy to go back and re-watch games, but might be worth paying attention as to whether or not he is simply off the mark, or if the defenders are affecting his shot.