PDA

View Full Version : So is this good for the BE staying together??

MU_Iceman
05-18-2012, 04:01 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/dennis-dodd/19085364/champions-bowl-changes-college-footballs-big-picture

I mean no way is UL getting a BXII invite now, are they??

IWB
05-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Big XII is getting everything they want. Biggest TV contract, biggest bowl game - why in Sam Hill would they expand? Expansion only means less for each school.

wiscwarrior
05-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Does it still make sense for Syracuse to go to the ACC. How about BC? Do they really want to stay in a watered down ACC or come back to a league where they can play more traditional foes in all sports? As the article said, last year it was the Big 12 struggling to survive. Who knows what this year will bring...

2012Warrior
05-18-2012, 07:10 PM
That's a great point wiscwarrior. I remember last summer the Big 12 was basically on life support and seemed in worse shape than the Big East. I think one of the big things to go in their favor was the Pac-12 stopped expanding if I remember right. Texas staying kept them alive and now they seem to be in great shape and moving forward.

Goose85
05-18-2012, 09:48 PM
The best thing for the Big East is for the Big 12 to realize they make more money with 10 teams than 12 or 14. Of course all bets are off if ND wants to join.

Need things to be stable until we land abtv deal.

TheSultan
05-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Boston College isn't leaving the ACC because it is still a helluva lot better than the ACC...especially with two additional NE teams coming in the door. The BE is in a world of hurt right now because their product just got instantly less valuable. Goose you talk about a a TV deal? Well good luck with that deal....it will be well less than half of what the top four are making.

Not good for MU in the long-run.