PDA

View Full Version : Strategy

Phantom Warrior
11-13-2015, 11:42 PM
Throughout the game I kept wondering why we didn't try more consistently to get the ball to Luke down low. And when Luke was out of the game, why we didn't have Henry post up on the block and get the ball into him.

We took too many treys when we had a definite height advantage. We didn't take advantage of our height.

When we were down 11 early in the second half, Traci came in and found Luke posting up, got the ball to him, and Luke scored. Then we went back to shooting from the outside.

Granted, Luke needs to finish better, and he has to shoot better from the line. But we still need to get him more touches down low. If he's doubled, then he can reverse the ball to the weak side, either to a cutter or a teammate at the arc.

MUfan12
11-14-2015, 02:24 AM
Luke played as poor of a game as I can remember, and MU still probably should have won. That's encouraging to me.

ValiantSailor
11-14-2015, 07:38 AM
I was thrilled to watch the comebacks when down 11 and later down 9. Either would ave killed us last year.

All we needed last night was a little more intelligence. How fast can these frosh learn?

VS

Nukem2
11-14-2015, 07:56 AM
Luke played as poor of a game as I can remember, and MU still probably should have won. That's encouraging to me.

Yes, Luke needs to finish at the rim (and make his FTs). He had his opportunities. MU also missed a lot of inside shots other than Luke as well.

IrwinFletcher
11-14-2015, 09:24 AM
Team played like it was a team made up of a lot of Freshman and sophomores. Some similar mistakes we have seen the last couple of years. The one main difference is that you can see all of the talent on the floor. Will take some time, but it will come around. The only question is will it be January or next November.

warriorfan4life
11-14-2015, 11:10 AM
I think it will be this year, sometime around January, when this group fully clicks (but think we win 2 or 3 of our upcoming big games as well). The Amigos had a similar loss to Winthrop in a game where they were always an arms length away from winning.