PDA

View Full Version : Key moment...

IrwinFletcher
11-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Marquette grabs a rebound, up 1 with 59 seconds left. Belmont's guard, Bradshaw is down on the ground with a cramp so it is 5-4. Duane is wide open, no one around him, and shoots a 3 instead of driving to the hole. Misses the 3, Belmont with the rebound and the rest is history.

I know Duane doesn't know what is going on behind him, but would have been a better play nonetheless if he drives and tries to create something.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
11-13-2015, 10:22 PM
easy to play the what-if game now. The reality is that this sort of game shows the importance of EVERY possession and every free throw. One more made bucket anywhere during the entire game, or one more defensive stop and its a different outcome. This team is young, REALLY young, they will learn.

Gato78
11-13-2015, 10:51 PM
Duane hesitated. He knew he was wide open and knew he shouldn't shoot...but he was wide open. Cannot blame him for the decision. If he makes it, he is the hero. Henry's drive..really need to see that again. Looked like the guy moved into him from my angle but maybe not. That is the type of call that usually goes to the offense. Traci looked like a frosh. Like a deer in headlights, driving with nowhere to go. We had our chances. It is just a young team. We know who will have the ball at the end of games from here on out...Henry and Swaggy

Phantom Warrior
11-13-2015, 11:35 PM
Henry did charge. He tried to force it into traffic the same way Traci did. In both instances we had plenty of time on the clock. But that's inexperience.

IrwinFletcher
11-14-2015, 09:28 AM
Duane hesitated. He knew he was wide open and knew he shouldn't shoot...but he was wide open. Cannot blame him for the decision. If he makes it, he is the hero. Henry's drive..really need to see that again. Looked like the guy moved into him from my angle but maybe not. That is the type of call that usually goes to the offense. Traci looked like a frosh. Like a deer in headlights, driving with nowhere to go. We had our chances. It is just a young team. We know who will have the ball at the end of games from here on out...Henry and Swaggy

My main issue was that there was nobody around him. I think he would have been better suited to drive the ball and try and create something. Although, you could also argue that anyone that open should be able to make a 20 footer.

79warrior
11-14-2015, 09:30 AM
easy to play the what-if game now. The reality is that this sort of game shows the importance of EVERY possession and every free throw. One more made bucket anywhere during the entire game, or one more defensive stop and its a different outcome. This team is young, REALLY young, they will learn.

Poor play by Wilson for sure. But, to your point, there were plenty of opportunities that MU missed. How many layup did we miss? How many times was Luke unable to get an "and 1".

Djgoldnboy
11-14-2015, 01:15 PM
The whole last minute of the game was blown opportunity after blown opportunity, and I agree on the 3, at least drive it in, get a two or and "and 1"...but then again if he hits it, it's the dagger. I didn't expect to win, but then they made me believe, only to have inexperience come in at the end. That being said, was VERY happy with what I saw tonight, some lapses on D, some bad decisions at times on O, but nothing that can't be fixed, and our talent level has been upgraded significantly. Can't wait to see what this year brings.

MU/Panther
11-15-2015, 07:04 PM
Key part and Wojo said it as well was up 37-33 late in the first half, to trial at halftime 47-40, then 51-40 out of halftime.

Nukem2
11-15-2015, 07:39 PM
Key part and Wojo said it as well was up 37-33 late in the first half, to trial at halftime 47-40, then 51-40 out of halftime.
Yes, but we did lead a couple times after that.