PDA

View Full Version : Sam Hauser Signs....

IWB
11-11-2015, 12:09 PM
Scott Kuykendall
Associate Athletic Director, Communications

For Immediate Release

State Standout Sam Hauser Inks With Marquette

Nationally Ranked Prospect Helped Team To State Title In 2014-15

Milwaukee – Nationally ranked prospect Sam Hauser (Stevens Point, WI/Stevens Point Area HS) has signed a National Letter of Intent with the Marquette University men’s basketball program, head coach Steve Wojciechowski announced Wednesday morning.

Hauser, a 6-6, 210-pounder, will arrive on campus this summer and have four years of eligibility with the Golden Eagles.

“Sam is a young man who was a priority for us from the very beginning of my tenure at Marquette,” Wojciechowski said. “He is player with a tremendous feel for the game and a terrific skill set. I believe he is one of the best shooters in high school basketball. He is a great addition to our program and embodies the type of student-athlete we want to move our program forward."

The Stevens Point, Wisconsin, native is ranked the 73rd-best prospect by Scout.com, 80th on CBSSports.com and 82nd on ESPN.com’s Top 100. He has helped his team to three conference championships, a state title and an overall record of 72-6.

Hauser helped lead SPASH (27-1) to the WIAA Division I state title in 2014-15 under head coach Scott Anderson, contributing 25 points in the title game against Germantown. He chipped in 18.0 points, 7.5 rebounds and 3.3 assists per game while shooting a state-best 50.6 percent from behind the 3-point line during the regular season. As a result, he was a unanimous selection to the Wisconsin Basketball Coaches Association first team all-state roster and shared conference player of the year accolades. He was also named second team all-state by the Associated Press.

As a sophomore, Hauser was a first team all-league honoree, fourth team all-state and honorable mention all-state by the WBCA. He chipped in 16.2 points, 6.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game while shooting 58.0 percent from the field overall and 47.0 percent from behind the 3-point line.

A second team all-league performer as a freshman, he contributed 10.3 points and 5.2 boards per contest.

“We are thrilled to welcome both Sam and Brendan Bailey to the Marquette family,” Wojciechowski said. “Both Sam and Brendan are terrific young men come who from great families and are versatile and skilled players who have had outstanding high school careers to date.

"Today is a great day for Marquette,” Wojciechowski added. “We are thankful for their belief in our program and school. I can’t wait to coach them both."