PDA

View Full Version : Iowa lost exhibition game

MU/Panther
11-07-2015, 08:45 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25365808/watch-iowa-drops-exhibition-game-to-augustana-on-buzzer-beater

Nukem2
11-07-2015, 09:18 AM
Iowa will be fine.

MU88
11-07-2015, 11:06 AM
The reporter admits he knew nothing about the school before the game. Just goes to show you how little sports reporters know about history or the subject matter they are covering. Its a pet peeve of mine. I hate listening to sports talk guys who really know nothing about sports. The morning guys on WSSP are a classic example.

Anyway, even I know that Augustana was a national football power for many years. 4 D-3 titles in a row in the 80s. Produced Kenny Anderson, the Bengals long time QB. I don't follow D-3 football that close, but sports isn't my job. I know Mt. Union and Whitewater are powers. I know Dayton's caused the NCAA to drive the D-1 bball schools that played D-3 football into 1AA. Maybe its just me, I also know that the Collingwood Magpies are an AFL power, Akebono was the first American Yokozuna, and the most fierce rivalry in sports is Celtic-Rangers, where fans of one team have to walk through a barbed wire protected walkway to get into the stadium past the home team fans.

IrwinFletcher
11-07-2015, 12:09 PM
The reporter admits he knew nothing about the school before the game. Just goes to show you how little sports reporters know about history or the subject matter they are covering. Its a pet peeve of mine. I hate listening to sports talk guys who really know nothing about sports. The morning guys on WSSP are a classic example.

Anyway, even I know that Augustana was a national football power for many years. 4 D-3 titles in a row in the 80s. Produced Kenny Anderson, the Bengals long time QB. I don't follow D-3 football that close, but sports isn't my job. I know Mt. Union and Whitewater are powers. I know Dayton's caused the NCAA to drive the D-1 bball schools that played D-3 football into 1AA. Maybe its just me, I also know that the Collingwood Magpies are an AFL power, Akebono was the first American Yokozuna, and the most fierce rivalry in sports is Celtic-Rangers, where fans of one team have to walk through a barbed wire protected walkway to get into the stadium past the home team fans.

Not to make a jab at you 88, but you just fell victim to what you consider to be a pet peeve.

Iowa didn't lose to Augustana in Rock Island IL which you correctly state has had some success in football years ago. Iowa lost to Augustana in South Dakota, a DII school which has had quite a bit of success of late in hoops.

Anyway, I just appreciate the irony.;)

TedBaxter
11-07-2015, 12:29 PM
http://www.goaugie.com/news/2015/10/27/MBB_1027151012.aspx

MU88
11-07-2015, 01:42 PM
Not to make a jab at you 88, but you just fell victim to what you consider to be a pet peeve.

Iowa didn't lose to Augustana in Rock Island IL which you correctly state has had some success in football years ago. Iowa lost to Augustana in South Dakota, a DII school which has had quite a bit of success of late in hoops.

Anyway, I just appreciate the irony.;)

Touché

Markedman
11-08-2015, 04:56 PM
@JonRothstein: Ohio State holds off pesky Walsh 92-82 in exhibition. Buckeyes are really young. Don't really have one guy who's been the alpha dog.