PDA

View Full Version : Crowder Sinks 94 footer

Goose85
11-05-2015, 09:14 AM
Jae Crowder, taking the ball in from the baseline threw a pass the length of the court, but instead of hitting his teammate, the ball went through the hoop.
A cool play that results in a 94 foot turnover.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/celtics--jae-crowder-buries-94-foot-inbounds-pass-for-world-s-greatest-turnover-014048785.html

CaribouJim
11-05-2015, 10:15 AM
Thank God that Butch Lee didn't make the same mistake against UNCC in '77!!!!

ge1974
11-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Thank God that Butch Lee didn't make the same mistake against UNCC in '77!!!!

And Al McGuire during a timeout with 3 seconds remaining, walked to the end of the far court to see the height of the overhead clock to determine whether or not Butch could attempt a full court pass.

"I wasn't out there doing my Jimmy Durante act", said McGuire.

CaribouJim
11-05-2015, 08:06 PM
And Al McGuire during a timeout with 3 seconds remaining, walked to the end of the far court to see the height of the overhead clock to determine whether or not Butch could attempt a full court pass.

"I wasn't out there doing my Jimmy Durante act", said McGuire.

...and we went nuts in the 8th floor TV room in McCormick after the refs said Jerome's basket counted. Seems like yesterday.

Gato78
11-05-2015, 08:55 PM
...and we went nuts in the 8th floor TV room in McCormick after the refs said Jerome's basket counted. Seems like yesterday.

It does feel like yesterday. I often think my reminiscing about that championship puts me in the same category of Domers with football. It WAS magical. Maybe not the most memorable or historic championship in NCAA history but for sure the most unique cast of characters. Not many people can say they were in school when their school won the National Championship.

CaribouJim
11-06-2015, 10:26 AM
It does feel like yesterday. I often think my reminiscing about that championship puts me in the same category of Domers with football. It WAS magical. Maybe not the most memorable or historic championship in NCAA history but for sure the most unique cast of characters. Not many people can say they were in school when their school won the National Championship.

...and less than a year later MU loses to Miami of Ohio that starts MU's steady decline from greatness - things sure changed fast.

Nukem2
11-06-2015, 12:11 PM
...and less than a year later MU loses to Miami of Ohio that starts MU's steady decline from greatness - things sure changed fast.
Actually, the fall began a year earlier. Hank was a terrific individual and a very good basketball coach. Unfortunately, he did not have the mojo to follow in Al's footsteps and keep the program at an elite level. And that was further complicated by the rise of the Big East shortly thereafter along with the emergence of ESPN helping make college BB more national in scope. A shortsighted administration did not help matters either.