PDA

View Full Version : ESPN's Top 100 Players

Phantom Warrior
11-03-2015, 07:14 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/13991627/cbbrank-counting-top-100-players-college-basketball-2015-2016

We will face #1 (Simmons) and #2 (Dunn).

Henry at #32.

UW's Hayes is #12 and Koenig is #59.

Other Big East players:

Smith-Rivera - #43
Brunson - #46
Dunham - #56
Copeland - #70
Jones - #71
Arcidiacono - #73
Reynolds - #91

Note: McKay is #60.

I'd love to see Top 100 rankings at the end of the season. I think Duane could end up Top 100 even this year.

IrwinFletcher
11-03-2015, 10:42 AM
I am wondering (hoping?) that Duane is secretly getting fired up about the lack of any pre-season pub he is not getting.

I really think he is going to take off this year and become a Nationally known player.

farmerdoc
11-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Nigel Hayes is a really good player, but 12th in the country?

Not sure I buy that.

bleedbluegold03
11-03-2015, 12:33 PM
I think both of the Badger rankings are the benefit of back-to-back FFS. Being the third and fourth priority for defenses affords you opportunities that don't come with double teams and the like. They are both juniors though, which would suggest they're set for a big bump.

Nigel Hayes is currently set for the 22nd pick in next year's draft, FWIW. Koenig is not slotted for the '16 or '17 draft, and is seen as the 21st best prospect in the B10.

Personally I think Koenig and Wilson are awfully level in terms of talent. I think had Wilson played with 3 future 1st round draft picks last year, he'd have looked just as good.

Time will tell if they both can be the man

mufan2003
11-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Nigel Hayes is a really good player, but 12th in the country?

Not sure I buy that.

I completely agree. He is a nice player, but it seems every ranking I see he is vastly overrated. I also think UW is being overrated, but maybe I'm wrong.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
11-04-2015, 09:56 AM
I really like Hayes. I think he has the potential to be the best of their big three from last year (Kaminsky, Dekker) at the NBA level, but I could really see him struggling this year because he'll be the focal point of every defense, and there simply isn't a lot around him. Even if Koenig and Happ are good, there's just no depth there. Last year they had guys like Gasser, Jackson, and Dukan that had to be respected offensively along with that big three. Now he's the leading candidate, and after Happ and Koenig (likely neither of whom is close to either Kaminsky or Dekker) there is absolutely nothing there.