PDA

View Full Version : Belmont as a "Cinderella Team"

Phantom Warrior
11-02-2015, 05:39 PM
From ESPN:

7. BELMONT BRUINS

"With Rick Byrd in charge, you know the Bruins will always bring terrific offensive sets and a great shooting percentage to the table. In fact, over the last four years, Belmont has finished in the top-five nationally in effective-field goal percentage every season, largely due to their propensity for accurately taking 3-pointers. And that shouldn't change in 2016, as four of their five starters will return to the fold, including Craig Bradshaw, who could have a shot to challenge for the top spot among national scorers. If the defense can make a leap from 250th nationally to right around the national average, Belmont could win 25 or so games and become a strong contender for an upset in the NCAA Tournament. Defense will hold the key to this team."

Should be an interesting game. Crossing my fingers for a 92-90 win.

warriorfan4life
11-02-2015, 06:59 PM
I figure that Belmont should be in the 60-70 overall nationally (and somewhere in 13 seed range if they win their conference tourney). It was a fairly significant upset over Murray State in the OVC Tournament last year, but they are pretty big favorites in the league this year thanks to returning everyone of note. Very good first test for us, and one that is capable of tripping us up.

bleedbluegold03
11-03-2015, 12:36 PM
I think this is a really, really tough game for us in terms of timing to start the season.

If this game was played in December, with a few more contests under our belt, I'd be more optimistic.

Going up against a very veteran'd team though will be a good test out of the gates.