PDA

View Full Version : Jim Calhoun take indefinite medical leave

IWB
02-04-2012, 07:31 AM
According to ESPN (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7537722/connecticut-huskies-coach-jim-calhoun-takes-indefinite-medical-leave), UConn coach Jim Calhoun has taken an indefinite medical leave. His health has been declining for the last few years, will his coaching days be over or do you think he returns?

Goose85
02-06-2012, 09:39 AM
This may be his last season. In the last few years there has been a constant cloud hanging over the program, and rightfully so. That, along with the health issues, can really take a toll on an older coach.

The big question is - will UConn still be considered a top level team after Calhoun?

Hamostradamus
02-06-2012, 08:07 PM
UConn loses Calhoun in the off-season, Dixon and Boeheim have every reason to bolt shortly... would either take that job to stay in conference? The PAC12 sucks arse, would KO leave to come to the new and improved Big East? If it wasn't located in the nation's armpit, UConn would be a top gig.

Goose85
02-07-2012, 08:41 AM
Boeheim may see the first year or two in the ACC and then be about done. Dixon I think may look at options after this season.
I still think UConn is a very good job. Not sure if KO would want to leave LA.

IWB
02-07-2012, 08:48 AM
When word that Syracuse & Pittstain were leaving, Boeheim immediately lashed out, but then was silenced pretty quick. I don't think he wants any part of the ACC, but they may have made a huge promise to him for seeing them through the transition.

As for Dixon? Don't know how he feels about the ACC, but I remember when the were rumored to be headed to the Big 10 he said he would go elsewhere.

Should be interesting. Also, with the reports that the Big East is considering Memphis, could that be as a replacement for a potential departure? Louisville perhaps? No question that they are next in line for the Big XII.

Goose85
02-09-2012, 08:04 AM
No offense to Louisville folks, but what do they bring to the table for the Big 12? Will they add an extra $17 mil in revenue to the conference?
I think the Big 12 should stay at 10. I think the only reason they would consider adding an 11 and 12th member is because they think Texas and Ok will be leaving as soon as things are worked out with the Pac 12.