PDA

View Full Version : Intrasquad Scrimmage

Jimmy Lemke
10-30-2015, 09:02 AM
Here's my thoughts on the intrasquad scrimmage:

- Guard minutes are going to be incredibly hard to come by, especially when JayQuan McCloud is eligible. He was easily the best player on the court last night, and if that's the player we get in mid-December, there are some tough choices Rob Jeter has ahead of him.

- Jordan Johnson looks like a Chris Hill/Jordan Aaron hybrid, which is just as freaking awesome as it sounds. If you like fearless players, that's another huge plus. Johnson wasn't afraid to run right into

- J.J. Panoske, Jeremy Johnson, and Scotty Tyler didn't play. Jeremy Johnson was looking like a redshirt to begin with, and that doesn't change. I haven't seen a whole lot of Scotty Tyler, but every time I do he seems out of conditioning and not interested in the weightlifting. I hope I'm wrong on those and I'm just catching him on off days. J.J., however, holy crap - I got to see him at the Tip-Off Luncheon and last night, and it's no exaggeration - he took weightlifting seriously, and with a fully healthy offseason (summer 2014 he had extended sickness) he packed that on. He looks every bit of 250. Is he about to become a more powerful and assertive version of himself? We'll see.

- Austin Arians has trouble with nothing. Even on plays where he's not a featured guy, he knows where he's supposed to be on the floor at all times. He's playing off the ball particularly well and that will only help the points flow for everyone, not just him. With the ball, he's better than ever, and he'll be able to post up guards. He's an offensive mismatch in the way Jordan Fouse is a defensive mismatch.

- Justin Jordan looks to be much more comfortable playing at this level. He wasn't making stupid turnovers, and Fran was right when he said that his shot has better mechanics.

I've got more thoughts later.

MU/Panther
10-31-2015, 11:41 AM
Where was coach, Chad Boudreau?

Jimmy Lemke
11-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Where was coach, Chad Boudreau?

Chad was on the road recruiting all last week. Indiana, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri and Kansas. He covered some miles.