PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Situation #1

Phantom Warrior
10-20-2015, 11:49 AM
Let's say Luke picks up two quick fouls in the first four or five minutes of the game. What does wojo likely do?

1. Put Matt in at the 5 and leave the other starters where they are?

2. Move Henry to the 5, and put in Sacar at the 4?

3. Move Henry to the 5 and Sandy to the 4 and put in JJ for additional scoring at the 3?

4. Anther option?

Just curious what people think Wojo would do (and yes I realize the opponent could have an impact, but this is hypothetical).

ValiantSailor
10-20-2015, 11:57 AM
The 5 will be played by whoever Wojo intends to relieve Luke when he needs a blow. Under the two quick fouls scenario, that player will be asked to play more minutes, probably with some relief by a third option if necessary.

VS

Markedman
10-20-2015, 12:12 PM
My guess is he probably goes with Matt and then moves people around from there as the half progresses.

The Reptile
10-20-2015, 12:28 PM
Depends on the matchup. If we have to guard someone Luke's size you go with Matt, if it's a small lineup then Anim.

pbiflyer
10-20-2015, 12:59 PM
#5. Wojo screams at the ref and gets T-ed up? :p

I'd do #1, so I am guessing the right answer is #2.

Goose85
10-20-2015, 01:18 PM
Depends on the matchup. If we have to guard someone Luke's size you go with Matt, if it's a small lineup then Anim.

I agree. I tend to think we would go smaller for most of the minutes if we are playing a team that does not have two 6'9" or taller guys.
If they are a bigger team, then Matt might get many of those minutes if he is ready to successfully defend at this level.

IrwinFletcher
10-20-2015, 04:26 PM
I think it Wojo's move is likely due to the makeup of the opponent. If the opponent has a big man that is getting Luke in to foul trouble, he will answer with another big (HE or MH). If Luke's trouble is due to penetration, he will counter with a smaller line up.

AbovetheRim
10-20-2015, 10:19 PM
Remember when we were asking this question about Lazar when he was manning the 5 and we felt that size was overrated in the college game? Feels alot better to have legit options at the 5.