PDA

View Full Version : Taylor, Taylor, Ferguson, Lockett....

IWB
05-15-2012, 02:58 PM
With at least four new faces next year, everyone expects a huge impact from Trent Lockett, but of the other newcomers, who will contribute the most and why?

MUMac
05-15-2012, 03:02 PM
I was torn between the Taylors. Both are better prepared for the BE battles right now, IMHO. I chose TJ, as I think his outside shooting and creativity will fit well into the offense. I think Steve will have an impact on the boards and defensively first, offensively later in the season. I took Taylor (TJ) by a hair over Taylor (Steve). I think Jamal will play, but not as many minutes as he develops.

Goose85
05-15-2012, 03:08 PM
TJ Taylor comes in with some experience. Pending any further changes to the roster, I'd say that TJ Taylor will have the most impact early so I chose him in the poll.

I do think Steve Taylor will have an impact, but it may not be immediate (unless there are injuries or Otule isn't back 100%). Initially I think Juan gets minutes to spell J Wilson, but I think Steve Taylor will work his way into more minutes down the road (midpoint of Big East).

TedBaxter
05-15-2012, 03:10 PM
I agree with MUMac on they Taylor's.

The one area where I could see Jamal Ferguson gain time is on the defensive end. Jamal's physique reminds me quite a bit of former MU player Michael Wilson and Buzz made it sound like Jamal has a pretty well rounded game, so if he can come in and defend, he has a chance to contribute.

IWB
05-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Agree Mac - I think that is why I voted that route too. Also, to me it is easier for a back court player to make an impact than a front court player. There is so much more physical play going on than there is in high school, and that is a tough adjustment for those guys. Steve's body is already pretty well developed which is 1/2 the battle, but I think he will have a bigger adjustment to get used to than TJ.

Nukem2
05-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Probably TJ, though it does depend on Lockett, etc. As Buzz said in his D-List interview, TJ ha not played a minute of Div I b-ball. We shall see.

Mark Miller
05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
I went with T.J. Taylor. His outside shooting prowess and potential for playing time with DJO graduated make him a solid choice.

TheSultan
05-15-2012, 06:09 PM
I would think TJ Taylor. However I can build a scenario where TJT gets buried on the bench, while I am almost certain that Steve Taylor will see minutes.

lj854
05-15-2012, 09:05 PM
It seems like Buzz just trusts the JUCOs right away, whereas the high school kids take a little while to gain his trust, so have to go with TJ Taylor.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
05-16-2012, 01:03 PM
I think TJ will get the opportunity to get minutes from 1-3 and will be one of the first off the bench. Having experience beyond HS and AAU should be a benefit to him.

ydouask23
05-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Im going with Lockett even thought its not a choice and I am doing so based on the fact that he has the most playing experience, and I think playing around better players will make him better automatically. ASU was horrible and he was forced to score for them. He will be a better overall player than anyone on our team next year, in my opinion.

As for the newcomers, it has to be Steve Taylor. He plays some silly good competition in Chicago and he will learn well from Gardner and Otule right away.