PDA

View Full Version : Podcast!

Jimmy Lemke
05-15-2012, 11:04 AM
After a few days of breathlessly searching for a home, I found one with Podomatic! BrewCityItalian and I had the first of our weekly podcasts this past Thursday, and here we are:

http://pantheru.podomatic.com

DKelly28
05-18-2012, 09:22 PM
I listened to the one from last Thursday today. Really enjoyed it. A few things I noticed. It would occasionally skip/buffer/cut as if was still loading the podcast as I streamed it. That might be more of an issue on my end though. The end of the 2nd part cuts off suddenly at the end. I'm not sure if something got chopped off on accident when it was uploaded or what. Other than that, it was very well done. As for the title, how about something simple like The PantherU Pod or The PantherU Roundup?

Jimmy Lemke
05-19-2012, 11:33 PM
I want to avoid something too generic, as I'd like to get a couple podcasts going every week, where it's me with various co-hosts. Tony on Thursdays, I talked to you and Brandon about a possible three-man deal on another day, Ken and I another day...so we're putting out a bunch of content.

JGPanthers
05-21-2012, 03:48 PM
Really enjoy the insight both you and Tony bring. My biggest criticism would be that it's just too long. The length of the podcast is not inviting for a casual fan to listen to. If you can bring it down to 30 minutes to an hour, and I think you easily could, it would be much easier to digest. I know it's difficult when your conversation is flowing, but maybe break up your podcast into topics, and then label those with the topic headings. That way you have 6 segments of 15 minutes or something like that. Keeping more of a strict timeline would help keep things from going on a tangent. But of course those are just opinions. I appreciate the information and musings that are discussed in these podcasts and I encourage you to keep them going.

Jimmy Lemke
05-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Yeah, I think that's where we're going to go with it. Also, I'm looking for other people to co-host other podcasts. I'd like for there to be about three podcasts a week.

Jimmy Lemke
06-29-2012, 01:13 AM
There are three new segments up! Another 2-and-a-half hours that should get you through the next month!

In the first hour we talk about the move to the KC and what it means for the future.

The second hour is all about what needs to happen to fill the KC.

The third segment (1/2 hour) is all about rounding up other happenings.

BrewCityItalian
06-29-2012, 04:56 PM
3 new podcasts

gonna do 1 a month for the summer and any major updates

than when school is back in session, gonna be on a much more regular basis

as for all that listen to the podcasts I am glad you enjoy them !

Please let Chancellor Lovell know Marketing plays an important part and that he needs to understand to let the AD and LeVar into the dorms and the unions and academic buildings to be able to market basketball, this is the time where it is most crucial now basketball is back on campus. This is the time to hit the students hard with marketing and activation.....

I have a couple papers out, the one about basketball is a long long read about 150 pages, but alot of great ideas, especially with B Ball on campus.

As for B Ball back on campus, I think it is great and only the beginning towards the future of a new arena and practice facilities.

Tony

Jimmy Lemke
08-06-2012, 09:51 PM
http://pantheru.podomatic.com

August podcast is up! Four segments. First one previews the soccer season, second previews men's basketball, third looks at the Klotsche Center as a home of the future, and fourth is all about dreaming about football.

It's divided, so if you don't want to listen about football you don't have to.

Enjoy!

Jimmy Lemke
10-24-2012, 04:48 AM
As requested, the PantherU Podcast brought back Paul Spicuzza (now a full-on co-host) as well as cut segments down to about 15 minutes apiece. Four segments today, the first three like I said were around 15 and the fourth ran about 25, for about one hour and ten minutes of Panther Hoops. I feel this is the best podcast we've done, and I was pleasantly surprised by the chemistry the three of us had. I hope you agree.

Link: PantherU Podcast (http://tony56672.podomatic.com/)

dmaciejewski
11-04-2012, 12:06 AM
This is a test