PDA

View Full Version : FSU to Big 12 discussion

Goose85
05-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Interesting memo from FSU president on pros and cons of ACC.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7929165/florida-state-seminoles-president-eric-barron-outlines-pros-cons-acc-alignment

An interesting point from a Big East perspective from the article is that Texas prefers a 10 team conference. That is a good thing for the Big East.

Meanwhile, Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds told the Austin American Statesman there is nothing of any substance to the current talk of Florida State leaving the ACC and joining the Big 12.

"They're a long ways away," in both prospects of joining the Big 12 and geography, Dodds said, adding that he prefers a 10-team conference.

Here is the CBSsports article on the topic.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/19047103/florida-state-isnt-leaving-the-acc-for-the-big-12-at-least-not-today

ge1974
05-15-2012, 09:39 AM
More from OutKicktheCoverage:

http://outkickthecoverage.com/how-crushing-would-a-florida-state----miami-departure-be-to-the-acc.php

There are scenarios where ACC football could die if the Big 12 were to take Florida State and Miami or Clemson and the SEC takes Virginia and NC State for a 16 team league.

It's a mess and more turmoil is on the way due to "fear". Thank you Jim Delany for all of this.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
05-15-2012, 10:55 AM
How funny would it be to see the ACC die in football and have CUSE and PITT sitting there looking like fools.

CaribouJim
05-15-2012, 11:14 AM
How funny would it be to see the ACC die in football and have CUSE and PITT sitting there looking like fools.

Funny, but better yet would be that they realize that that scenario could happen and they renege on the move to the ACC and they crawl back to the BE asking for forgiveness. Anything that screws over the ACC is A-OK with me.

Gato78
05-15-2012, 11:17 AM
ACC can keep Pitt. I want Syracuse to return.

Goose85
05-15-2012, 11:23 AM
I think most Syracuse fans agree.

IWB
05-15-2012, 11:24 AM
ACC can keep Pitt. I want Syracuse to return.

Agree with this completely. Bring back Cuse, let Pitt stay with Duke & UNC.

IWB
05-15-2012, 11:27 AM
One more comment here, how do you think people are getting along in the offices down in Louisville?

Pitino is very vocal about his desire to stay in the Big East. He is very vocal about wanting Temple and Memphis to be added to the Big East.

And then you have their AD, saying he wants out of the Big East and is doing everything he can to land in either the Big XII or ACC.

How do you think those two get along?

Mark Miller
05-15-2012, 11:43 AM
I hate what college football has done to the college basketball landscape.

MUAlphaBangura
05-15-2012, 12:15 PM
One more comment here, how do you think people are getting along in the offices down in Louisville?

Pitino is very vocal about his desire to stay in the Big East. He is very vocal about wanting Temple and Memphis to be added to the Big East.

And then you have their AD, saying he wants out of the Big East and is doing everything he can to land in either the Big XII or ACC.

How do you think those two get along?

Agree 100% IWB. Amazing that an A.D. would allow one of his coaches to be so publically vocal for something said A.D. is totally against. Hey Mr. Jurich----- Put your balls back in your sack! Hey Mr. Pitino----- keep fighting the good fight!

CaribouJim
05-15-2012, 12:32 PM
I hate what college football has done to the college basketball landscape.

I will do my best not to watch any college football this year although I've incrementally watched less of it each year anyway.