PDA

View Full Version : OT: Jerrone Maymon retires...

IWB
09-18-2015, 01:44 PM
Jeronne Maymon retires due to constant knee problems....

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/091815aad.html

Gato78
09-18-2015, 01:56 PM
I wish he had come to the humility realization when he was at Marquette. He is a good kid--I liked him a great deal as I had several interactions with him--and his dad. He told me he wanted to be a psych major and do some counseling and it looks like that is exactly where he is headed. Good for him! He is the perfect example of why the degree is so important.

CaribouJim
09-18-2015, 01:56 PM
The Marquette paragraph was very revealing and as JM himself said "humbling".

Liked his game - high b-ball IQ. I guess we wouldn't have gotten Jae if he hadn't left right? Still would have liked seeing him play a full career at MU somehow.

Bummer about the retirement.

unclejohn
09-18-2015, 10:22 PM
I am glad things worked out for him and it seems he is on a good life path. Clearly, he had some help in deciding to transfer and thinking himself a five-position player. The crazy thing was that he was getting pretty good playing time for a freshman. But I am not sorry he left. His departure lead to Buzz signing Jae Crowder, who had a better college career and obviously a better pro one. Good for Jerrone for getting his degree. In his case, his athletic scholarship worked out the way that it was supposed to. He actually used his to get a real, meaningful degree from a good university.