09-08-2015, 11:56 AM
MU opens up at Georgetown on Jan. 2
http://www.bigeast.com/news/2015/9/8/MBB_0908155041.aspx

kneelb4zerg
09-08-2015, 12:37 PM
You mean Seton Hall at home 12/30

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
09-08-2015, 12:39 PM
Really thought we'd open the season at home.

Villanova has released their schedule. They host Marquette on January 13 and travel to Milwaukee for a Saturday matinee on February 27 (Bucks play that night).

kneelb4zerg
09-08-2015, 12:42 PM
really thought we'd open the season at home.

villanova has released their schedule. They host marquette on january 13 and travel to milwaukee for a saturday matinee on february 27 (bucks play that night).

we do!!!

09-08-2015, 12:44 PM
One home Saturday night that I see. Creighton at Marquette on Feb 13.

09-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Correct, I jumped the gun on that, but I meant for the tip-off marathon. I had heard we'd be hosting a game that Saturday.

Gato78
09-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Some decent road trip potential. At Georgetown, Xavier, DePaul and Butler on Saturdays. DePaul is a given. The DC trip is always a good one.

Gato78
09-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Checked the DePaul site to see when single game tix go on sale. It says October. However, looks like you can have season tix in prime seats for $300. For the same seats at the BC, with Blue & Gold donations, it is about $3,500/seat. They really need new leadership.

http://www.depaulbluedemons.com/tickets/depa-m-baskbl-tickets.html#single-game

09-08-2015, 01:33 PM
Checked the DePaul site to see when single game tix go on sale. It says October. However, looks like you can have season tix in prime seats for $300. For the same seats at the BC, with Blue & Gold donations, it is about $3,500/seat. They really need new leadership.

http://www.depaulbluedemons.com/tickets/depa-m-baskbl-tickets.html#single-game

Yeah, but if you buy 2 season tickets with the MU game in mind, can you sell the rest back to offset the cost? Probably take a loss, considering it's DePaul ;)

MayorBeluga
09-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Yeah, but if you buy 2 season tickets with the MU game in mind, can you sell the rest back to offset the cost? Probably take a loss, considering it's DePaul ;)

Actually, I think you can probably deduct the season tickets as a charitable expense since you have to, you know, watch DePaul. :cool:

Gato78
09-08-2015, 01:47 PM
I thought Cook County judges were using that as an alternative to incarceration.

Actually, I think you can probably deduct the season tickets as a charitable expense since you have to, you know, watch DePaul. :cool:

mufan2003
09-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Some decent road trip potential. At Georgetown, Xavier, DePaul and Butler on Saturdays. DePaul is a given. The DC trip is always a good one.

@St. John's on a Saturday night as well, wonder if that will be at MSG or Carnesecca arena?

MayorBeluga
09-08-2015, 01:59 PM
I thought Cook County judges were using that as an alternative to incarceration.

Cook County jail or DePaul season tickets? Hold on, I'm thinking...

Litehouse
09-08-2015, 02:03 PM
@St. John's on a Saturday night as well, wonder if that will be at MSG or Carnesecca arena?
It's at MSG according to the Big East composite schedule.

MU/Panther
09-08-2015, 02:04 PM
Thanks to two games on FS2 at home, results in 7pm starts. Grambling and San Jose State.

Nukem2
09-08-2015, 03:26 PM
Tough finish to the schedule with 3 road games and Nova/G-Town at the BC.

MU/Panther
09-08-2015, 07:42 PM
The home 8pm games have been limited to five.

mufan2003
09-08-2015, 08:25 PM
It's at MSG according to the Big East composite schedule.

Nice! Thanks.

Litehouse
09-09-2015, 11:09 AM
The home 8pm games have been limited to five.
and of those 5, Belmont is a Friday night, Iowa and Georgetown are worth it, so really only IUPUI and Stetson are left as the stinkers probably not worth the hassle. Much better than last year.

Phantom Warrior
09-09-2015, 11:28 AM
For all those pooh-poohing DePaul, I think the Demons will be significantly better this year. I also think they present some match-up problems for MU, especially if they play small ball with a line up of Hamilton, Henry, and three guards.

Garrett is a clever point guard who is a streak shooter but can get hot from the outside. Henry has a nice mid-range game and is good at attacking the hoop. And Hamilton, who is obviously inconsistent, can draw our bigs out to the perimeter because he can shoot from outside.

But the biggest difference, of course, will be the coaching. DL will have DePaul playing hard, and I am sure their defense will be much improved. The Demons beat us each of the last two years, both being games we should not have lost but did.

We are certainly a more talented, deeper team than we were last year, but DePaul should also have a more competitive team under new direction than they did under Purnell. I expect both games to be battles.

MU/Panther
09-09-2015, 11:36 AM
and of those 5, Belmont is a Friday night, Iowa and Georgetown are worth it, so really only IUPUI and Stetson are left as the stinkers probably not worth the hassle. Much better than last year. Well, I'm at every game with my perfect attendance. I will admit, it's had to get the mojo going for a non-conference game at 8:00pm during the week. Agree, much better than last year. Let's face it, if the team was winning the past two season, some wouldn't say much about the 8pm games.

MUBasketball
09-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Garrett is a clever point guard who is a streak shooter but can get hot from the outside.

Billy Garrett may be clever, but aside from having perfect posture I think he's overrated!

I expected a breakout year from DePaul a year ago, I've learned my lesson. You're right though, Leitao should have them at least playing hard and together - a foreign concept in Chicago for the past 10 years.

09-09-2015, 03:24 PM
For all those pooh-poohing DePaul, I think the Demons will be significantly better this year. I also think they present some match-up problems for MU, especially if they play small ball with a line up of Hamilton, Henry, and three guards.

Garrett is a clever point guard who is a streak shooter but can get hot from the outside. Henry has a nice mid-range game and is good at attacking the hoop. And Hamilton, who is obviously inconsistent, can draw our bigs out to the perimeter because he can shoot from outside.

But the biggest difference, of course, will be the coaching. DL will have DePaul playing hard, and I am sure their defense will be much improved. The Demons beat us each of the last two years, both being games we should not have lost but did.

We are certainly a more talented, deeper team than we were last year, but DePaul should also have a more competitive team under new direction than they did under Purnell. I expect both games to be battles.

While I also think they are improving and will play harder this year, they are still a few players away. Garrett is a solid player and Henry is decent. I'm not a huge fan of Hamilton just yet and after that...I just don't see that much to be concerned about. They'll have a decent starting five but once it gets to the bench I think they come up short.

I see the Big East this year as a four-tiered league. The first tier is 'Nova, Georgetown, and Butler. I expect them to compete for the league title. The next tier for me is Xavier, Marquette, and Providence. Teams that should compete for NCAA bids, and might be able to make a run at the top tier, but right now, just have a little less than those first three. After that, Creighton, Seton Hall, and DePaul. All three should win some games (6-8) but unlikely to be mentioned for the NCAAs when March rolls around. And then St. John's, who will prop up the league. Just not enough left for Mullin to work with. It's not like he can't win there, but it's more than a 6-month rebuliding project he has. I think they'll struggle for at least 2-3 years.

Gato78
09-09-2015, 03:30 PM
Garrett is NBA regular season ready--he doesn't give a damn until there are 2 minutes left.

MUwarrior1090
09-09-2015, 05:09 PM

I agree with most of what you say. However, they have not beat us each of the past two years. We swept them in 13-14, although they should have beaten us at least once.

MU/Panther
09-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Bluejays led in the final minute of six of their 14 Big East losses last season. Finished 4-14 in league.

Creighton is the wildcard for me. I can see them as a ncaa tourament team.

MayorBeluga
09-09-2015, 08:09 PM
Garrett is NBA regular season ready--he doesn't give a damn until there are 2 minutes left.

I'm out there bustin' my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes.

Litehouse
09-09-2015, 09:47 PM
Well, I'm at every game with my perfect attendance. I will admit, it's had to get the mojo going for a non-conference game at 8:00pm during the week. Agree, much better than last year. Let's face it, if the team was winning the past two season, some wouldn't say much about the 8pm games.

I don't live in Milwaukee, so the winter driving and getting home at midnight when I have to work the next morning can make watching the game on TV seem very appealing for those late ones.

CaribouJim
09-11-2015, 09:56 AM
I don't live in Milwaukee, so the winter driving and getting home at midnight when I have to work the next morning can make watching the game on TV seem very appealing for those late ones.

The 8:00 PM games are great on the front end coming in from Chicago - dealing with the rush hour traffic and/or snow is much less stressful knowing that it is an 8:00 PM tip-off, but the return trip is a killer, especially driving alone.

MUAlphaBangura
09-11-2015, 12:21 PM
The 8:00 PM games are great on the front end coming in from Chicago - dealing with the rush hour traffic and/or snow is much less stressful knowing that it is an 8:00 PM tip-off, but the return trip is a killer, especially driving alone.

Wait. You mean all the leggy super models don't road trip with you?

09-12-2015, 09:19 AM
Bluejays led in the final minute of six of their 14 Big East losses last season. Finished 4-14 in league.

Creighton is the wildcard for me. I can see them as a ncaa tourament team.

Creighton is a total wild card. While that's true about them leading in the final minute, and had they held those leads they would have been 10-8 and a decent shot for the tourney, they lost a ton. Chatman, Brooks, Artino, Kreklow, all gone, and all played heavy minutes last year. They will be a completely different team next year. Really, Milliken (and the return of Zierden) is the only constant, with Hegner stepping into a bigger role and McDermott hoping Huff and Watson are ready to be big impact guys from the start.

Honestly, I have no idea where to project Creighton because this Creighton team is nothing like last year's. Watson could be a legitimate BEPOY candidate, or he could be just another guard once he's playing at this level. Same with Huff, will he be the blossoming star he was with Nevada, or will the ruggedness of the Big East be a bit too much for him? Nothing with them would surprise me. If those guys get off and running from the start and guys like Milliken, Zierden, and Hegner are healthy and develop well, they could be a top-15 team in the country challenging for the league title. If they don't, the massive losses from their starting five could lead to them being even worse than they were last year. They are the hardest team to peg in the Big East.

mufan2003
09-12-2015, 01:18 PM
Creighton is a total wild card. While that's true about them leading in the final minute, and had they held those leads they would have been 10-8 and a decent shot for the tourney, they lost a ton. Chatman, Brooks, Artino, Kreklow, all gone, and all played heavy minutes last year. They will be a completely different team next year. Really, Milliken (and the return of Zierden) is the only constant, with Hegner stepping into a bigger role and McDermott hoping Huff and Watson are ready to be big impact guys from the start.

Honestly, I have no idea where to project Creighton because this Creighton team is nothing like last year's. Watson could be a legitimate BEPOY candidate, or he could be just another guard once he's playing at this level. Same with Huff, will he be the blossoming star he was with Nevada, or will the ruggedness of the Big East be a bit too much for him? Nothing with them would surprise me. If those guys get off and running from the start and guys like Milliken, Zierden, and Hegner are healthy and develop well, they could be a top-15 team in the country challenging for the league title. If they don't, the massive losses from their starting five could lead to them being even worse than they were last year. They are the hardest team to peg in the Big East.

Don't forget Creighton has 6'10" freshman Justin Patton (ranked #24 by Scout). Also, 6'7" redshirt freshman Ronnie Harrell (ranked #71 by ESPN in 2014). I have them as the 6th and last team from Big East to make the NCAA tournament.