PDA

View Full Version : OT: Great Weekend for MU Volleyball

MU/Panther
08-30-2015, 09:32 AM
Friday beat North Dakata 3-1. North Dakota was picked third in the Big Sky conference and returns seven letterwinners from last year's team that tallied a school-record 26-wins.

Saturday beat Dayton 3-1. Dayton won the 2014 regular season and Atlantic 10 Championship and returns last year's A-10 Player of the Year senior Alaina Turner,

Saturday night MU team bested No. 21 Iowa State in straight sets, 3-0 (25-20, 25-21, 26-24) on Saturday evening at the Hilton Coliseum to close out the opening weekend as winners of the Cyclone Invitational. The Cyclones are coming off their ninth consecutive appearance in the NCAA Volleyball Championship, advancing to the second round before falling to No. 10 Illinois.

IrwinFletcher
08-30-2015, 10:10 AM
I am one of the few people that really follows the other programs at MU. Great to see this and equally disappointing that the Soccer prgrams have fallen back a bit the past year or so. Hope they can both get it turned around.

TedBaxter
08-30-2015, 10:32 AM
The setter is the most important position on the volleyball court and my guess is that Rice transfer Sarah Blasier will be the reason if the team returns to the NCAA's.

MU/Panther
08-30-2015, 10:38 AM
I heard so much bad stuff about the program with Autumn Bailey gone to Michigan State. This weekend results makes me feel better about Ryan Theis as coach.

MUAlphaBangura
08-30-2015, 03:39 PM
The setter is the most important position on the volleyball court and my guess is that Rice transfer Sarah Blasier will be the reason if the team returns to the NCAA's.

Bad chemistry with the Freshman setter last season. Don't think anybody is too sad seeing her leave. What Sarah will need to do is find a good balance amongst all the hitters. RF Taylor Louis will be a beast in time as our strong side hitter, but they really need for others to step up and be reliable hitters with the departures of Bailey and Barber. A really good first weekend.