PDA

View Full Version : So What Did We Learn About MU?

Phantom Warrior
08-20-2015, 08:26 AM
1. That this will be an enjoyable team to watch, much more so than the teams the past two years.

2. That the frosh - all four that played anyway - are capable of contributing this year.

3. That a lot of players are very versatile, multi-dimensional on offense, so we could see a myriad of different combinations.

4. That we have a few guys who can knock down treys although a couple of them are streaky.

5. That this team will run, run, run whenever it gets the chance.

6. That this team may be better on the defensive glass than many of us expected. Henry and Sandy, in particular, are better rebounders than I thought they'd be.

7. That this team is a work in progress on defense but showed its potential to become a solid defense team.

8. That quite a few players on this team could lead the team in scoring on any given night.

9. That the players seem to get along very well - in other words that there seems to be good chemistry.

10. That this team will play hard.

MUBasketball
08-20-2015, 09:16 AM
Soooo, I should book my Final Four plans now??? :o

MU/Panther
08-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Fisher and Henry will be a force at the 4 & 5.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
08-20-2015, 11:52 AM
1. Traci Carter has legitimate talent. The injury that set back his recruitment may have been a huge boost for Marquette long-term.

2. Ellenson is better than I thought. I knew he was good, but man, not this good.

3. Traci may be The Engine, Luke may be Il Capitan, but this is Duane's team. Good to see, because it will be the next three years.

4. The passers play with their heads up. Good news for transition, though the guys in the post need to also keep their heads up -- numerous quick easy looks were lost by passes flying right by them out of bounds.

5. There will be growing pains with a rookie PG. Well...not sure that's really "learned" information, but will be true anyway.

6. This may be our deepest team in awhile. Not saying best, but with Cheatham, I could see 9 guys pushing for double-digit minutes.

7. This season will be more fun than either of the past two seasons.

Markedman
08-20-2015, 11:56 AM
When I watched Henry play at Mark's event I commented to some people that Henry would benefit greatly when he got to play with more talented people around him.

I think we saw in Italy that will prove to be the case.

pbiflyer
08-20-2015, 12:11 PM
When I watched Henry play at Mark's event I commented to some people that Henry would benefit greatly when he got to play with more talented people around him.

I think we saw in Italy that will prove to be the case.

Not sure if it factored into his decision, but having Luke here will benefit Henry greatly. Can't double both of them, leaving one with single team. Luke seems to do the dirty work, freeing Henry up to be more versital.

Markedman
08-21-2015, 11:58 AM
Stats......3 point percentage numbers are encouraging...even at longer distance...https://twitter.com/Matt_Velazquez/status/634762943364755457