PDA

View Full Version : Henry Not In "The Top 25..."

Phantom Warrior
08-11-2015, 12:13 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/insider/story/_/id/13388093/updated-look-top-25-players-college-basketball-2015-2016-season

Only Dunn (#11) and Arcidiacono (#25) from BE. Arcidiacono might not even be the best point guard on his team.

As for Henry, I'm glad he's not being over-hyped nationally.

If Simmons (#1) is as good as advertised, it will be interesting to see his match up with Henry.

Halo
08-11-2015, 05:17 AM
Seems to be very little information on Henry's play in practice so far.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
08-11-2015, 09:44 AM
If Henry doesn't pan out to be a top 50 type player in college basketball this year we are going to be in a tough spot. Not that it is entirely on him, but this years team really needs a go to guy.

Djgoldnboy
08-11-2015, 10:38 AM
Could see Duane or even Luke filling that role. Always kind of viewed Henry as a lethal 3rd option this year anyway. He "should" open up the lane for both Duane and Luke at the very least, but I don't think our season is based on him being top 50.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
08-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Could see Duane or even Luke filling that role. Always kind of viewed Henry as a lethal 3rd option this year anyway. He "should" open up the lane for both Duane and Luke at the very least, but I don't think our season is based on him being top 50.

I could see Duane being a 16-18 ppg guy this year. He'll get all those opportunities Matt had last year in what should be a faster offense, especially with the shorter shot clock. If he can make a typical freshman to sophomore jump, he could be in for a really big year.

IrwinFletcher
08-11-2015, 04:02 PM
Keep in mind that Henry's injury precluded him from playing in any of the USA events that would have raised his stock and profile.

Let him come in under the radar and blow everyone away.

Under Promise. Over Deliver.

pbiflyer
08-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Seems to be very little information on Henry's play in practice so far.

From the SI article:
I like what I hear.

There was Ellenson during a full-court scrimmage in Marquette’s gym, grabbing a board and turning to find a lane, then charging ahead, eluding one defender and thundering to the rim to get fouled in a crowd. As teammates hustled to help Ellenson up, the giddy coaching staff exchanged expectant glances and smiles.

“He has a star quality about him,” Wojciechowski later says of Ellenson. “You have to give a guy like that freedom. You don’t want to put him in a box, where your coaching is restricting who he can be. You have to allow him to explore the game. Because he’s got a chance of doing things with that freedom that you can’t coach.”

And then there is a 6’10” freshman from Rice Lake, Wis., a town of less than 9,000, who may be the most offensively polished first-year player in the United States. If there is someone more gifted than Henry Ellenson in this regard, it is not by much.

“A freak of nature,” Wilson calls him.

Goose85
08-12-2015, 09:00 AM
From the SI article:
I like what I hear.

There was Ellenson during a full-court scrimmage in Marquette’s gym, grabbing a board and turning to find a lane, then charging ahead, eluding one defender and thundering to the rim to get fouled in a crowd. As teammates hustled to help Ellenson up, the giddy coaching staff exchanged expectant glances and smiles.

“He has a star quality about him,” Wojciechowski later says of Ellenson. “You have to give a guy like that freedom. You don’t want to put him in a box, where your coaching is restricting who he can be. You have to allow him to explore the game. Because he’s got a chance of doing things with that freedom that you can’t coach.”

And then there is a 6’10” freshman from Rice Lake, Wis., a town of less than 9,000, who may be the most offensively polished first-year player in the United States. If there is someone more gifted than Henry Ellenson in this regard, it is not by much.

“A freak of nature,” Wilson calls him.

I am very excited to see a player of Ellenson's caliber in a MU uniform.
We are not used to this type of player coming in, a legit top 10 recruit, as they normally go to Duke or Kentucky.

Let's say Ellenson turns out to be as good as Okafor or Towns or a even a Kevin Love.
What is MU's projection if that is the case? Definite tournament team, sweet 16, or just a team with one really good player?