PDA

View Full Version : Death, Taxes, and Larry Brown in trouble with the NCAA

Markedman
07-30-2015, 11:00 AM
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/29/report-smus-larry-brown-up-against-lack-of-coach-control-charge/

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
07-30-2015, 11:59 AM
Too bad this didn't come out sooner. Nic Moore would have been the dream transfer. Though considering our luck this offseason, he probably would have went to Louisville or UConn.

MUMac
07-30-2015, 03:30 PM
To paraphrase the immortal words of Captain Renault. "I am shocked, SHOCKED to find that Larry Brown is being investigated here!"

CaribouJim
07-30-2015, 09:54 PM
Very gifted coach but can have a short shelf life. In any event, he is a weird dude.

When I lived in San Antonio I was a season ticket holder for the Spurs and Larry Brown was the coach for most, if not all of my time there. After games we would go to a bar a few blocks from my apartment and he would often show up after games solo with the exception of one or two security guys and he would spend most of his time hitting on chicks.

He was once hitting on a friend of mine that that I called on at Coke - she kind of looked like Ursella Andress. LB was putting on the full-court press, but she wasn't into it but he kept at it and she finally said "Larry, you need a nice Jewish girl and I'm not Jewish!". He laughed and finally relented.

unclejohn
07-31-2015, 10:35 PM
Very gifted coach but can have a short shelf life. In any event, he is a weird dude.

When I lived in San Antonio I was a season ticket holder for the Spurs and Larry Brown was the coach for most, if not all of my time there. After games we would go to a bar a few blocks from my apartment and he would often show up after games solo with the exception of one or two security guys and he would spend most of his time hitting on chicks.

He was once hitting on a friend of mine that that I called on at Coke - she kind of looked like Ursella Andress. LB was putting on the full-court press, but she wasn't into it but he kept at it and she finally said "Larry, you need a nice Jewish girl and I'm not Jewish!". He laughed and finally relented.

I seem to recall that the impetus for his leaving Kansas was not that he wanted to get back into the pros, but that he knocked up a cheerleader.