PDA

View Full Version : Andy Geiger to MKE

Jimmy Lemke
05-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Ohio State's former AD, Andy Geiger, will take over Milwaukee for the next year.

I say HALLELUJAH!

kmpinch
05-10-2012, 11:45 AM
This is confirmed? If so sweet!

Kyle Rawling
05-10-2012, 11:48 AM
Don't see him being long term. At 73, I see him readying his successor and retiring again in a few years. Still, I don't think I could have hoped for anyone better.

Nukem2
05-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Don't see him being long term. At 73, I see him readying his successor and retiring again in a few years. Still, I don't think I could have hoped for anyone better.His contract goes to 7/13. This is a short-term transitional hire.

IWB
05-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Sounds like an experienced "facility building" athletic director. (Andy Geiger named UWM athletic director)

Jimmy Lemke
05-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Geiger said today he could definitely go past 7/13, if he felt he had unfinished business.

Goose85
05-11-2012, 09:41 AM
I hope they brought him in to do a few things.

1. Show how a big time athletic dept is run.
2. Get something moving on football and a sports facility.

I'm an MU fan, but I would absolutely love to see Milwaukee get a football team and in the construction of a new basketball facility, encorporate a football facility.

Think of an athletic facility like the Al, but more seating, for hoops on one end with a football stadium on the other.

Middle of the facility is an entrance way (atrium) that can be used for gatherings, etc. To the left is the basketball stadium entrance, to the right the football stadium. Above, in the middle, are the atletic offices (for all sports). One endzone would be entertainment area (Wake Forest just completed one that is really nice and on a similar scale).

You don't need Camp Randall here, you need Wake Forest lite that could eventually be added on to.

Hope this guy really gets things going at Milwaukee, just not enough to beat MU in hoops (ha).

Nukem2
05-11-2012, 09:48 AM
I hope they brought him in to do a few things.

1. Show how a big time athletic dept is run.
2. Get something moving on football and a sports facility.

I'm an MU fan, but I would absolutely love to see Milwaukee get a football team and in the construction of a new basketball facility, encorporate a football facility.

Think of an athletic facility like the Al, but more seating, for hoops on one end with a football stadium on the other.

Middle of the facility is an entrance way (atrium) that can be used for gatherings, etc. To the left is the basketball stadium entrance, to the right the football stadium. Above, in the middle, are the atletic offices (for all sports). One endzone would be entertainment area (Wake Forest just completed one that is really nice and on a similar scale).

You don't need Camp Randall here, you need Wake Forest lite that could eventually be added on to.

Hope this guy really gets things going at Milwaukee, just not enough to beat MU in hoops (ha).Actually, Geger was quoted in the JStoday as saying FB might be fool's gold. He needs to get facilities for baseball and basketball and get some good coach hires and get the UWM athletic department in order. Thats a lot w/o worrying about FB.

Goose85
05-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Agree Nukem, but when looking at facilities, if it is something Milwaukee plans on doing in the future, set up the new facilities with possible football expansion in mind.

Jimmy Lemke
05-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Football has always been the goal - the touchdown, if you will. We need a first down.