PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Scion Dental Milwaukee Summer Pro-Am is here!

IWB
07-23-2015, 01:30 PM
The 2015 Scion Dental Milwaukee Summer Pro-Am starts tomorrow night at 6:30 at MSOE. Better venue, one game at a time. Marquette players won't be playing, but there will still be a lot of talent.

Schedule can be found here: http://www.milwaukeeproam.com/hf/tabid/10075/pgtype/108/sID/577/Default.aspx

Rosters can be found here: http://www.milwaukeeproam.com/hf/tabid/10075/pgtype/108/sID/577/Default.aspx

As always, the games are free admission!

Hope to see you down at MSOE!

CaribouJim
07-23-2015, 04:23 PM
Jim,

Was Deonte ever in the mix as a potential participant? If no, I wonder if he had known further enough in advance that MU guys were not going to be playing would that have changed his mind or is that next to impossible to know?

Still bummed that he isn't with MU - potential to be something special and would have helped with the entertainment void for the non-conference home slate.

IWB
07-23-2015, 04:29 PM
I was told he wanted to play, but I follow NCAA rules, so no dice. You see, I believe he played in the Pro-Am in Des Moines IA, and the rule is one team, one league.

FWIW, two new adds include Joe Chapman & Trevon Hughes.

CaribouJim
07-23-2015, 04:40 PM
I was told he wanted to play, but I follow NCAA rules, so no dice. You see, I believe he played in the Pro-Am in Des Moines IA, and the rule is one team, one league.

FWIW, two new adds include Joe Chapman & Trevon Hughes.

Whoops - saw the one Iowa State dude on one of the rosters so figured Deonte was a free agent of sorts.

As far as Joe Chapman - witnessed his barfing in person in his heroic performance @ SLU. Was it the Mizzou game in Indy where he and Karon Bradley each knocked down corner shots in that highly entertaining OT game?

IWB
07-23-2015, 05:15 PM
The ISU guy is a former ISU player, been in Europe.

warriorfan4life
07-23-2015, 06:14 PM
Whoops - saw the one Iowa State dude on one of the rosters so figured Deonte was a free agent of sorts.

As far as Joe Chapman - witnessed his barfing in person in his heroic performance @ SLU. Was it the Mizzou game in Indy where he and Karon Bradley each knocked down corner shots in that highly entertaining OT game?

I know Chapman hit a big shot or two in the Holy Cross game. Also, he had a very solid senior season and really stepped up when Wesley Matthews went out with the stress fracture.

MU/Panther
07-23-2015, 06:27 PM
It looks like the format at MSOE is one gym with three games.

IWB
07-23-2015, 07:02 PM
You are correct. Wanted to bring it down to where each game is more of a focused event.

Goose85
07-24-2015, 03:31 PM
Myles McKay, a regular standout at the Scion Dental Milwaukee Summer Pro Am has signed on with a French professional team.
Good luck in France Miles.

http://www.eurobasket.com/France/news/413661/Le-Portel-tabs-Myles-McKay,-ex-MKS-DG

Goose85
07-27-2015, 09:05 AM
Joe Chapman said he will be heading to Japan for his second season in Japan. It will be his 10th season of professional ball.

Chapman also said he does see other MU guys on the circuit, and that MU guys have a good rep and that is why so many of them get good overseas opportunities. Trend Blackledge is also playing in Japan.

CaribouJim
07-27-2015, 10:28 AM
Joe Chapman said he will be heading to Japan for his second season in Japan. It will be his 10th season of professional ball.

Chapman also said he does see other MU guys on the circuit, and that MU guys have a good rep and that is why so many of them get good overseas opportunities. Trend Blackledge is also playing in Japan.

I can think of a lot of worse places than Japan to play. Japan would be a great gig IMO.

dubs98
07-27-2015, 10:42 AM
so how were the games over the weekend? i know no mu games were played but always interested in how local kids play. also sounds like at least jamil played as well. any recaps for those that can't attend?

Goose85
07-27-2015, 12:29 PM
Deonte Burton was there, but couldn't play as I think Jim indicated he played in a pro am in Iowa. Said he will play in Milwaukee next year. Seemed to have adjusted well to Iowa State. He was really having fun with the guys that were playing.

Bo Ellis was in the house, and it is always fun to talk basketball with Bo.

UWM player Akeem Springs looks good. Talked to him and he said he was upset with the other UWM guys that didn't show. Said he expects UWM to be good this year. He sees the value in playing against these foreign pro players and other college guys at the pro am. He looks to be ready for a big year for UWM, and seemed like a pretty good guy.

Other UWM connections - Ricky Franklin was injured and wasn't able to play, but stopped in to hang out. Former UWM guys Anthony Hill and Mitchell Carter were really getting after each other. Asked to play a couple games to get more reps and cardio before heading overseas. In all games guys were taking it very seriously. When you have more of these foreign pro players the games are more serious. Hill after having some injuries is heading to Portugal. Carter played in Belgium last year and is still finalizing his location this year, possibly France.

I really like the one game at a time MSOE venue. Hope MU gets back in it next year, and Jim keeps it rolling at MSOE.

MUBasketball
07-27-2015, 03:02 PM
I really like the one game at a time MSOE venue. Hope MU gets back in it next year, and Jim keeps it rolling at MSOE.

Wasn't able to make it this weekend, how was attendance? The absence of MU players obviously doesn't help, but maybe it was still good with the new downtown location?

Goose85
07-27-2015, 03:24 PM
Not much for attendance. Mostly just family and friends of the players from what I could tell.

The MU fans come out for MU players, and that is expected.

MUBasketball
07-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Not much for attendance. Mostly just family and friends of the players from what I could tell.

The MU fans come out for MU players, and that is expected.

That's too bad but not surprising. Didn't know if the change in venue would have any impact.

MU/Panther
07-27-2015, 07:36 PM
Doesn't help either that is only one active Panther player in this year's Pro-Am.

unclejohn
07-27-2015, 11:10 PM
Hey Jim, great job as usual, but I cannot figure out the rosters. What's with the asterisks and the players with initials? Why are some rosters much bigger than others? I know things can be hard to figure and guys wait until the last minute to show up.

MU/Panther
07-31-2015, 01:56 PM
Nice weather night to check out the Pro-Am at MSOE. Games start at 6:30pm.