PDA

View Full Version : Tall point guards are the future of basketball...

CaribouJim
07-22-2015, 10:10 AM
...per this article.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/tall-point-guards-are-the-future-of-basketball/ar-AAd8QiK?ocid=answw11

Will be interesting to see how many minutes that Cheatham will get this year at the point. I heard through the grapevine from the Orlando trip last year that Wojo was really high on him getting substantive minutes at the point. He may think differently now, but I am looking forward to seeing him there.

Interesting overall on the minutes breakdown at the point between Carter, HC and I am assuming Duane - two frosh and a soph.

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
07-22-2015, 10:43 AM
While I understand the push for the big point guard, I really hope the staff doesn't discount the little guy. Tons of smaller point guards (Keifer Sykes, for example) slip through the cracks and have the talent to be an elite player but are overlooked. As nice as a tall PG can be, I love having quickness at that position, and usually that comes from the smaller players.

Nukem2
07-22-2015, 01:33 PM
While I understand the push for the big point guard, I really hope the staff doesn't discount the little guy. Tons of smaller point guards (Keifer Sykes, for example) slip through the cracks and have the talent to be an elite player but are overlooked. As nice as a tall PG can be, I love having quickness at that position, and usually that comes from the smaller players.
Tyler Ulis at KY not too shabby either...!