PDA

View Full Version : Italy schedule

Nukem2
07-21-2015, 10:44 AM
MU has now posted the Italy games on the schedule at gomarquette.com. Team plays 8/12, 8/15, 8/16 and 8/19 with the last game actually across the border in Lugano, Switzerland. With 3 days between the last 2 games, the team can lounge around Lake Lugano for a bit...;)

MUwarrior1090
07-21-2015, 11:15 AM
I volunteer to fly to Italy and provide detailed reports of each game, all expenses paid for by BrewCityBall.com of course.

TheSultan
07-21-2015, 11:52 AM
Lugano Switzerland is where Jake Thomas played last year.

EDIT: In fact the team they are playing is the one Jake played for.

IWB
07-21-2015, 12:12 PM
Fitz played for them a few years back too, as well as another MU player if I remember correctly. Just really really surprised that they are not playing in Sassari.

Nukem2
07-21-2015, 12:18 PM
Fitz played for them a few years back too, as well as another MU player if I remember correctly. Just really really surprised that they are not playing in Sassari.The team is traveling a northerly route from Rome. Sassari is in Sardinia and not on the route.

TheSultan
07-21-2015, 12:26 PM
Furthermore, did Marquette put this schedule together? My guess is they used a third party of some type.

IWB
07-21-2015, 12:33 PM
Nuke - I know, but Travis is not only a legend in Sassari, but also a citizen. Thought that would have some influence on the trip.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Nuke - I know, but Travis is not only a legend in Sassari, but also a citizen. Thought that would have some influence on the trip.

I am a bit surprised too, you would think Travis could have set them up... Now there could be all sorts of reasons why, but still slightly surprising.

Goose85
07-21-2015, 12:52 PM

When I first saw the Italy trip I just assumed Travis would have helped coordinate.

TheSultan
07-21-2015, 01:07 PM
I just did some research on this. They used a tour company called "Basketball Travelers" to coordinate this trip.

http://www.basketballtravelers.com/fans/

My guess is that they line up multiple sites and coordinate games between their schools European teams, as well as work in some side trips for educational purposes. Given this, I think it's difficult to request a game in Sassari without additional costs and coordination.

Nukem2
07-21-2015, 02:57 PM
Nuke - I know, but Travis is not only a legend in Sassari, but also a citizen. Thought that would have some influence on the trip.Yep, I understand that. But, as others pointed out, the schedule/itinerary is probably set by others. In this case a northerly itinerary.

Markedman
07-23-2015, 11:07 AM
Not schedule related but I'll put it here.....
User Actions
Follow

Brian HamiltonVerified account
‏@BrianHamiltonSI
#Marquette big man Luke Fischer is cleared after offseason shoulder surgery, will be full contact before team's Italy trip in August. #mubb

Djgoldnboy
07-23-2015, 11:21 AM
I see theey have Gametracker for the games on GoMarquette.com, but any chance there will be a stream of the games somewhere? Doesn't even have to be English, I'm not picky.

And kudos to Luke, I had shoulder surgery last summer and finally felt "normal" only about a month ago...

Alan Bykowski, "brewcity77"
07-23-2015, 11:29 AM
I see theey have Gametracker for the games on GoMarquette.com, but any chance there will be a stream of the games somewhere? Doesn't even have to be English, I'm not picky.

And kudos to Luke, I had shoulder surgery last summer and finally felt "normal" only about a month ago...

Heard yesterday all the games will be streamed on YouTube and available to watch after the fact. Broeker will be doing commentary for American fans.