PDA

View Full Version : Nichols' Stats

Phantom Warrior
07-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Last year Nichols finished third in scoring in the AAC for conference games (14.9 ppg) and sixth in rebounding (6.6 rpg). He was eighth in field goal percentage (52%). He was second in blocked shots (3.4 bpg). And he was a SOPHOMORE!

warriorfan4life
07-12-2015, 12:23 AM
Good to very good efficiency numbers on offense, to go along with being an elite defensive player. Easily the best available transfer prospect during this entire period, and it looks like Marquette is as good of shape as anyone to land him. This could be a major piece in ensuring that Wojo takes the Marquette program where many of us hope and want him to take it.

mufan2003
07-12-2015, 11:39 AM
This would be a great get for MU and Wojo. Everyone realizes there is a chance Henry leaves after his freshman year, but if I were wagering I would bet on at least 2 years. The 16-17 team's potential would be very high if Nichols commits to MU.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-12-2015, 01:00 PM
I think it's greater than 50% that Henry goes 1 and done

The Reptile
07-12-2015, 02:01 PM
I think it's greater than 50% that Henry goes 1 and done

You're not alone there. It would be nice to have some Hank Insurance waiting in the wings to keep us whole should he do what we expect. If not, that's a pretty good team in two years.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-12-2015, 02:17 PM
If Ellenson doesn't go pro that means he didn't live up to expectations, which then means Nichols would likely be better anyhow... Because if Ellenson averages 13 and 8 he is gone...

Nukem2
07-12-2015, 04:09 PM
If Ellenson doesn't go pro that means he didn't live up to expectations, which then means Nichols would likely be better anyhow... Because if Ellenson averages 13 and 8 he is gone...If he does not, it could also be due to injury.

Gato78
07-12-2015, 04:11 PM
Those who think Henry goes after one year need to remember he was not the best player opn the USA Team. In fact, he had the fewest minutes of any player on the team. Not a knock at all, I just think people are putting unrealistic expectations on Henry. He is going to be very good but he is likely a two or three and done.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-12-2015, 04:42 PM
Those who think Henry goes after one year need to remember he was not the best player opn the USA Team. In fact, he had the fewest minutes of any player on the team. Not a knock at all, I just think people are putting unrealistic expectations on Henry. He is going to be very good but he is likely a two or three and done.

Time will tell, but it's not just MU fans that are thinking this...

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-12-2015, 04:42 PM
If he does not, it could also be due to injury.

True, didn't think of that.

The Reptile
07-12-2015, 05:31 PM
If Ellenson doesn't go pro that means he didn't live up to expectations, which then means Nichols would likely be better anyhow... Because if Ellenson averages 13 and 8 he is gone...

Or he feels he'd get a better draft position the next season and wants to leave when his brother graduates.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-12-2015, 05:43 PM
Or he feels he'd get a better draft position the next season and wants to leave when his brother graduates.

It's been well stated in many places that if Henry is good enough he will be gone, the pull of his brother here won't be the reason he stays for year two. He wants to be one and done, the question is if he is good enough, and can avoid injury. That said, if he has a good freshman year and is projected for the lottery he is gone, as he should be.

mufan2003
07-12-2015, 10:49 PM

Exactly. I do not want to argue this point too much, because I am a Marquette fan and I think Ellenson is very good. Looking at recent history, Cody Zeller was a stud @ Indiana and stayed 2 years. Kyle Wiltjer is still in college. Dekker stayed 3 years. Ellenson has all the tools but lacks an elite vertical and needs to add muscle to his frame. I think Henry and his family will do the wise thing, I am guessing they are not below the poverty line, affording Henry to improve his game at least another year in college because he will not be ready yet.

Goose85
07-13-2015, 09:30 AM

Ellenson is not like the frosh we usually see, he is the type we normally see playing at Duke or Kentucky, as most services have him as a top 10 kid.

Sure some top 10 kids stayed for a couple years, and Ellenson may not have gotten as much time as others on the USA Team, but last year 13 of the top 15 kids (per Scout) left after one year. I think 10 of the top 15 NBA picks were one and done (include Mudiay). Scout had Winslow ranked 12th and the kid was actually drafted 10th.

While this past year may not be a normal year, it does show that you don't have to be the top frosh to jump to the NBA. It doesn't matter if he is ready for the NBA, if he and the NBA think he is a lottery pick, he goes.

If he does go after one year, that would mean we MU fans would have been treated to a really fun season watching him play.

I hope he is as good as we all think he can be, and I hope for some reason he stays for more than one year. Either way, I'm looking forward to watching him play.

jpvegas52
07-13-2015, 09:42 AM
I heard an interview with an NBA scout and they said the talent level is down for next year's draft, that may increase his chances of being one and done.

lj854
07-13-2015, 11:01 AM
I heard an interview with an NBA scout and they said the talent level is down for next year's draft, that may increase his chances of being one and done.

Unfortunately, it also looks like the 2017 draft is going to be LOADED. That probably doesn't help either.