PDA

View Full Version : 78 of 154

Mark Miller
07-10-2015, 07:08 PM
Those are the final shooting stats for Sam Hauser as a junior at Stevens Point.

That's a cool .506 percent .... for the YEAR .... from three-point range.

Time to talk about Hauser as one of the best pure shooters to ever come out of Wisconsin.

Even Novak was in the low 40 percent rate from 3-point range as a senior at Brown Deer.

Phantom Warrior
07-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Mark,

I may be wrong, but wasn't Duane also above 50% on treys his senior year? Of all the schools in the metro area, it seems to me Dominican keeps perhaps the most complete stats of any school.

Maybe at MU Hauser will be as good a trey shooter as Novak was during his MU career, but no one seems to think Duane is one of the best pure shooters to come out of the state. Duane hit 35.5% last year - decent, but nowhere near 50%.

Mark Miller
07-10-2015, 07:33 PM
Duane Wilson went 50 of 88 during his senior year at Dominican for .568 percent.

Duane attempted 3.1 triples per game compared to 5.5 attempts per game from three by Hauser.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-10-2015, 07:38 PM
That is the question, how is his range? Sometimes guys are great high school shooters and then when they get to college they struggle a bit. Wasn't Matt Thomas touted as a great shooter?

WindyCityGoldenEagle
07-10-2015, 10:30 PM
That is the question, how is his range? Sometimes guys are great high school shooters and then when they get to college they struggle a bit. Wasn't Matt Thomas touted as a great shooter?

What is the high school versus college 3 point distance? 19' vs 22' I realize there are other factors that impact a kids percentage (size, quicker close outs, etc) but curious as to the actual difference in distance.

Phantom Warrior
07-10-2015, 11:24 PM
I may be wrong, but I think the high school arc is 19 feet 9 inches and the college arc is 20 feet 9 inches. That may not seem like much of a difference, but for some players the extra 12 inches has a major impact.