PDA

View Full Version : NBC Reranks the Class of 2005

Phantom Warrior
07-07-2015, 11:26 PM
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/30/re-ranking-recruiting-classes-who-are-the-25-best-players-from-the-class-of-2005/

This is obviously based on how the players have done in the pro ranks.

I would have liked to see a reranking of this class in the spring of 2010 after the Amigos senior season. Jerel would probably have been in the Top 20. D.J. and Wesley would have likely been in the 40s/50s.

Still, it is pretty interesting to see how players' overall basketball careers turned out 10 years after being recruited and ranked as high school seniors.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-08-2015, 06:30 AM
Yeah this makes me ask the question, are they ranking who will be the best NBA players? Or the best college players? Because Jerel was a better college player than Wes, but Wes is far and away the better pro...

MU88
07-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Jerel scored more. He also shot alot. He also had more steals than Matthews, but he was a horrible on ball defender, despite his reputation. Gambled way too much just to get a steal. I would say that Matthews was the better all around player going into their senior year. Matthews was a better defender, he was a better passer and he had better court sense.

Nukem2
07-08-2015, 10:11 AM
Yeah this makes me ask the question, are they ranking who will be the best NBA players? Or the best college players? Because Jerel was a better college player than Wes, but Wes is far and away the better pro...

As per the 2nd paragraph, its based on what the players do throughout their post-high school careers. Obviously the includes both college and NBA.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
07-08-2015, 11:09 AM
As per the 2nd paragraph, its based on what the players do throughout their post-high school careers. Obviously the includes both college and NBA.

I should have prefaced this, how does scout, rivals, 247, etc... do their rankings, are they projecting college talents? Or pro?

DCwarrior
07-08-2015, 12:35 PM
That was a really bad class in terms of NBA productivity (likely the worst of any class in the past 25 years).

Markedman
07-08-2015, 01:29 PM
I should have prefaced this, how does scout, rivals, 247, etc... do their rankings, are they projecting college talents? Or pro?

I think they are mostly focused on college potential but many times it is the same thing.

The top guys are expected to be stud college players and eventually make the NBA.

Obviously it doesn't always work out that way.